Fluid Thoughts Blog: Iced-Tea Insights From Twitter
Who’s drinking it, what are they doing and what are they eating?
BETHESDA, Md. -- I found a new infographic from Honest Tea interesting. It offers up some practical insights into who is drinking iced tea and what they’re doing while they’re drinking it. Make of it what you will, but the revelations seem to provide ample opportunity for a smart retailer to build promotions and bundling options.
By examining tweets where iced tea was mentioned along with certain sports, food and other lifestyle topics, Honest Tea discovered several consumer trends. Let’s take a look:
- More women (58%) than men (42%) tweeted about iced tea.
- The top iced-tea-tweeting cities were also the largest: Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh and Boston, while the top iced-tea-tweeting states were California, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Illinois.
- Where tweeps like it sweetened: Texas, Florida and Georgia.
- Where they like it unsweetened: California, New York, New Jersey.
- California had the highest percentage of people who tweeted about iced tea, while North Dakota had the least.
- Salads were the preferred meal for iced-tea drinkers/tweeters (although pizza was a close second).
- Running was the most popular activity among various forms of exercise.
- Most-likely snack eaten: chips.
- More people tweet about their dogs and iced tea rather than their cats and iced tea.
Here's the complete infographic: