Ace Metrix Reveals 2013 Brands of the Year
Sam Adams, Tropicana, Reese's among category leaders
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- Ace Metrix, which measures television and video advertising analytics, has awarded a Brand of the Year title to 20 brands from the most competitive categories of 2013--including beverages, candy, snacks, packaged food and restaurants of 2013.
- Beverages (Beer): Samuel Adams.
- Beverages (Non-Alcoholic): Tropicana.
- Beverages (Spirits): Bacardi.
- Candies & Snacks: Reese's.
- Packaged Foods: Marie Callender's.
- Restaurants (Casual Dining): Longhorn Steakhouse.
- Restaurants (QSR): Baskin Robbins.
Google, meanwhile, earned the overall Brand of the Year award, the Software and Websites category Brand of the Year and the Ad of the Year for "Here's to 2013"
The winning brands earned the highest average Ace Score within their category based on their entire portfolio of national TV advertisements in 2013.
Advertisers that have achieved Brand of the Year status delivered a portfolio of work that set them apart from their peers. Nearly 750 brands competed for 20 category titles, from more than 5,000 creative executions. In the last year, Mountain View, Calif.-based Ace Metrix scored more than 6,400 ads from more than 1,200 brands.