More Stations, Stores Move With U-Haul
Services, merchandise sales added in Ariz., N.C., Texas, S.C., Conn., N.Y., Ga., Nev., Fla.
PHOENIX, Ariz. -- Gas stations and convenience stores in several states have added U-Haul moving services and merchandise.
- Pinal Chevron gas station in Casa Grande, Ariz. (pictured).
- H&D Express gas station in Newport, N.C.
- Fast Break c-store and gas station in Beeville, Texas.
- The Dam Store, bait and tackle and c-store in Victoria, Texas. "Becoming a small-business owner has been my dream. And being able to be a part of the best self-moving company is awesome," owner Lawrence Daughtrey said.
- Royal Food No. 11 c-store and gas station in Clinton, S.C.
- Express Food Mart gas station and c-store in Manchester, Conn.
- MK Gas Station Inc. in New Rochelle, N.Y.
- Nima Food Mart c-store in Athens, Ga.
- B&B Grocery and gas station in Murrayville, Ga.
- Orchard Valley Market & Deli c-store in Amargosa Valley, Nev.
- QMG Inc. gas station in Lake Worth, Fla. "I decided to become a U-Haul dealer to add an income to my present business, and also to help my neighborhood customers who are moving in and out...to provide the convenience of getting better moving equipment for the lowest cost, at the closest place," owner Aluthdurage Gunasekara said.
The retailers can now offer its customers a variety of moving equipment and supplies designed specifically for moving household furnishings, including moving vans, open trailers, closed trailers, furniture pads, appliance dollies, furniture dollies, tow dollies and auto transports.
Phoenix-based U-Haul was founded by a Navy veteran who grew up during the Depression. Since 1945, U-Haul has served the do-it-yourself mover with a network of more than 16,300 locations in all 50 states and 10 Canadian provinces. It maintains a rental fleet with approximately 104,000 trucks, 80,000 trailers and 36,000 towing devices. It offers more than 406,000 rooms and 36 million square feet of storage space at nearly 1,100 owned and managed facilities throughout North America. U-Haul is a leading installer of permanent trailer hitches in the automotive aftermarket industry. The company also supplies alternative-fuel for vehicles and backyard barbecues as one of the nation's largest retailers of propane.