TA Accepting Nominations for 2015 Citizen Driver Awards
Site renaming, dedication ceremonies for 2014 winners taking place this month
WESTLAKE, Ohio -- TravelCenters of America LLC, operator of the TA and Petro Stopping Centers travel center brands, is now accepting nominations for the 2015 Citizen Driver Awards. The program, launched last year, is designed to recognize professional drivers who evoke public respect for the truck driving profession through good citizenship, safety, community involvement, health and wellness and leadership.
Anyone--fleet owners and executives, co-workers, friends, husbands, wives, sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, trucking organization members, trucking industry suppliers, trucking industry customers--may nominate a professional driver for the award. Nomination forms, rules and other information can be found at www.ta-petro.com/citizendriveraward.
The company will accept nominations through Sept. 30, 2014.
The 2015 Citizen Driver Award recipients will be recognized at the Mid-America Trucking Show in March 2015 in Louisville, Ky.
"We saw many outstanding drivers among the 2014 nominees," said Tom O'Brien, President and CEO of TravelCenters. "I encourage everyone who knows and works with truckers to think about and nominate a worthy driver. And, the more we know about them--the more you can share on the nomination form--the better. Don't hold back. Tell us how much of an impact you feel the nominee has made on those around them."
Dedication ceremonies for the 2014 winners:
- May 7: Linda and Bob Caffee, Petro North Las Vegas; "Linda and Bob Caffee North Las Vegas Stopping Center."
- May 10: Jimmy Ardis, TA Manning, S.C.; "Jimmy Ardis Manning Travel Center."
- May 15: Shawn Hubbard, Petro Ontario, Calif.; "Shawn Hubbard Ontario Stopping Center."
- May 16: Jerry Fritts, Petro West Memphis, Ark.; "Jerry Fritts West Memphis Stopping Center."
- May 17: Charley Endorf, Petro York, Neb.; "Charley Endorf York Stopping Center."
- May 24: Norman Knight, TA Columbia, N.J.; "Norman Knight Columbia Travel Center."
- May 28: Henry Albert, TA Laredo, Texas; "Henry Albert Laredo Travel Center."
TravelCenters of America, Westlake, Ohio, is a leading travel center business in 43 states and Canada with 249 locations under the TA and Petro Stopping Centers brands. It also operates gasoline/convenience stores in Kentucky and Tennessee under the Minit Mart brand name.