Hershey Caters to Evolving Consumer
Unveiling new customer-centric products at Sweets & Snacks Expo
CHICAGO -- The Hershey Co. listens closely to consumer preferences and tastes, as seen in the company's new products debuting this week at the National Confectioners Association (NCA) annual Sweets & Snacks Expo in Chicago. New products unveiled at the show include Ice Breakers Cool Blasts Chews, Brookside Crunchy Clusters and Reese's Spreads.
Ice Breakers Cool Blasts Chews is a mint and gum duo providing an icy cool blast of freshness in a quickly dissolving chew. The new product is an evolution of the popular Ice Breakers brand and will be available to the public beginning Sept. 2014. As traditional gum is on the decline, but the mint category is growing, Ice Breakers Cool Blasts Chews matches an evolving consumer need.
"Consumers are at the center of all that we do at Hershey, and their preferences, needs and tastes drive our product innovation," said Michael Wege, senior vice president and chief growth and marketing officer for Hershey. "These new products are a direct result of a creative and innovative industry-changing pipeline that focuses on consumer trends. With more than 80 brands around the world, The Hershey Co. responds to diverse consumer needs to create a robust portfolio of innovative chocolate and confection products."
Also debuting at the expo are the new Brookside Crunchy Clusters, a textured twist on the chocolate-covered, fruit-flavored snack. The product features clusters of crispy multigrain and soft fruit-flavored centers with sweetened cranberry bits, covered in dark chocolate. This line extension builds on the success of the Brookside brand and will build on this momentum through the combination of innovation, expanded distribution and continued brand support.
In addition, following the success of the Hershey's Spreads launch is the addition of new Reese's Spreads, a combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
These new offerings come on the heels of Hershey's other 2014 product developments, including Lancaster Soft Crèmes, the soft, rich and creamy caramels, and the return of the full-size Krackel Bar. The candy bar available in Hershey's Miniatures Assortment bags has returned to standard size for the first time since 1997.
The list of Hershey's products being announced at the Sweets & Snacks show includes:
- Hershey's Spreads Snacksters Graham Dippers. An on-the-go package that combines Hershey's Spreads Chocolate with Graham Dippers. Available in a 1.8-oz. package (suggested retail price $1.49). Available May 2014.
- York Minis. The taste of peppermint and dark chocolate is now bite-sized. York Minis will be available in 2.5-oz. King Size (SRP $1.69) and 8-oz. Stand-up Pouch (SRP $3.29). Available May 2014.
- Ice Breakers Cool Blasts Chews. Available in a 0.8-oz. slide pack, Ice Breakers Cool Blasts Chews come in Spearmint and Peppermint flavors (SRP $1.99). Available Sept. 2014.
- Brookside Crunchy Clusters. Available in 2.5-oz. (SRP $2.29) and 5-oz. (SRP $3.89) bags. Available Dec. 2014.
- Reese's Spreads. Available in a 13-oz. jar (SRP $3.89). Available Dec. 2014.
- Twizzlers Pull 'n' Peel Fruit Punch Twists. New Twizzlers Pull 'n' Peel Fruit Punch Twists combines grape, cherry and orange flavors for a mixed twist. The product will be available in 2-oz. (SRP $.59) and 11-oz. (SRP $1.75) bags. Available Dec. 2014.
- Twizzlers Strawberry Lemonade Filled Twists. Strawberry and Lemonade flavors combine to deliver a mellow strawberry flavor plus a tart, sweet hint of lemon flavor in the newest addition to the Twizzlers brand. Available in 1.9-oz. (SRP $.59) and 11-oz. (SRP $1.75) bags. Available Dec. 2014.
The Hershey Co., based in Hershey, Pa., has more than 80 brands around the world that drive more than $7.1 billion in annual revenues, includes such brand names as Hershey's, Reese's, Hershey's Kisses, Jolly Rancher and Ice Breakers.