Mars Chocolate NA's NACS Pack
Candy maker rolling out variety of new products in Las Vegas
HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. -- Mars Chocolate North America is unveiling a big slate of new products at the 2012 NACS Show in Las Vegas.
These new-product offerings include:
- Combos Baked Snacks 7 Layer Dip Tortilla packs combines real cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado, tomato, refried beans, onion and spicy jalapeno peppers. (April 2013, $.89 singles bags, $2.49 medium bags).
- Dove Brand Mint & Dark Chocolate Swirl combines Dove brand dark chocolate with mint. (May 2013, large bar $1.99, bags of Dove Brand Promises $3.49).
- Dove Brand Silky Smooth Cookies & Creme blends white chocolate and crunchy chocolate cookie bits. (Sept. 2012, singles bar $1.09, large bar $1.99, bags of Dove-brand Promises $3.49).
- M&M's Chocolate Bar offers milk chocolate and the colorful candy fun of the M&M's brand, so consumers can satisfy their love of chocolate bars with M&M's-brand candies. (May 2013, singles bar $1.09).
- Snickers Bites and Milky Way Bites are unwrapped, bite-sized cubes--a convenient and easier-to-eat format of consumers' favorite candy bar brands. (May 2013, $1.49 for 2.83-oz. bags, $2.99 for 8.0-oz. and 7.0-oz. standup pouches).
- Limited-edition Milky Way-brand French Vanilla & Caramel Bar combines caramel, French vanilla-flavored nougat and milk chocolate. (February 2013, singles bar $1.09).
- A limited-edition Color Blend for M&M's-brand Milk Chocolate Candies and M&M's-brand Peanut Chocolate Candies include the six most popular colors voted by consumers on Facebook: purple, blue, pink, green, turquoise and red. (January 2013, $2.24 for 8 oz. stand-up pouch).
- Dove Ice Cream introduces three new pint flavors: Dove Unconditional Chocolate Ice Cream, which blends chocolate ice cream, chunks made with Dove Dark Chocolate and a chocolatey swirl; Dove Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate Chunks, which mixes vanilla ice cream and chunks made with Dove Milk Chocolate; and Dove Mint Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream, combining mint ice cream and chunks made with Dove Dark Chocolate. ($3.29 per 15.1 oz. unit).
- New seasonal candy from Mars includes a variety of new flavors and shapes. Mars relaunched its 1.1-ounce Singles Shapes portfolio in 2012, which are ideal for convenience store shoppers. This including three new items for Christmas: Snickers Nutcrackers, Snickers Peanut Butter Santa's and Milky Way Simply Caramel Snowmen. New for Valentine's Day 2013 will be Snickers-brand Heart Singles and Milky Way-brand Simply Caramel Heart Singles, as well as new gifting options from M&M's and Dove Chocolate. New Easter 2013 items will include Snickers Brand Eggs 2 To Go, Snickers-brand Peanut Butter Eggs 2-To-Go, Twix-brand Minis Filled Eggs, M&M's-brand Milk Chocolate Fun Size Filled Gift Box and Dove-brand Silky Smooth White Chocolate Eggs and Dove-brand Silky Smooth White Chocolate Solid Bunny.
Hackettstown, N.J.-based Mars Chocolate is the North American chocolate operations of Mars Inc. Based in McLean, Va., Mars Inc. has net sales of more than $30 billion and six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks and Symbioscience. Mars brands include Chocolate: M&M's, Snickers, Dove, Galaxy, Mars, Milky Way and Twix; Petcare: Pedigree, Whiskas, Sheba, Cesar and Royal Canin; Wrigley: Orbit, Extra, Starburst, Doublemint and Skittles; Food: Uncle Ben's, Dolmio, Ebly, Masterfoods and Seeds of Change; Drinks: Alterra Coffee Roasters, The Bright Tea Co., Klix and Flavia; and Symbioscience: Seramis, Cirku and Cocoavia.