NCA Launching Sweets & Snacks Expo Virtual Media Center
Exhibitors can write, distribute, "socialize" content
CHICAGO -- The National Confectioners Association (NCA) Sweets & Snacks Expo is partnering with Launch.it to power a new Expo Virtual Media Center that enhances the ease of publishing a press release with the added capacity of complete socialization of the release using the Expo's social media resources. This platform will provide more than 600 participating exhibitors with the ability to write, manage and socialize their own professional content, while also providing visitors with a central location to find it.
The Sweets & Snacks Expo, May 21-23, 2013, at Chicago's McCormick Place, will be the largest in the show's 16 year history and will represent $150 billion of worldwide buying power in the confectionery, snack and cookie categories.
"With more than 14,000 key confectionery and snack industry professionals expected, it is imperative that all visitors have easy access to the latest exhibitor news," said Jenn Ellek, director of trade communications and marketing at NCA. "Our partnership with Launch.it to build a virtual media center will ensure that relevant show news will be easily found, discovered and shared not only by attendees, but also by media and professionals around the world, before, during and after the Expo."
Through this partnership, all participants have access to the following tools:
- Social media news release for maximum sociability and engagement.
- In-depth analytics (page views, time on page, downloads, etc.).
- Wiki-like environment to make updates to your story on the fly.
- Media can opt-in to follow your company to get real-time news updates.
- An action box to engage readers for investment, media contact, etc.
- Facebook comments for insight and virility.
- Rich multimedia, tags and geo-location for enhanced engagement and discoverability.
- "Buy it" and "Trial it" buttons to drive users directly to "your" point of purchase.
- Customized tweets for precise messaging and branding.
"The virtual media center is a synergic tool for the Expo since the industry is unique in the large number of product releases that debut during the course of the year," said Trace Cohen, president and co-founder of Launch.it. "With the hundreds of new product releases that exhibitors want published, the online media center becomes the nerve center where news can be shared and read by the entire industry. With so much of the Snacks and Sweets Expo being visual, because of the nature of the industry, it was a perfect fit for both Launch.it and NCA."
Companies that don't take advantage of uploading releases before the show can receive access in the Expo media center onsite which includes personal assistance by trained staff.
"We are offering this robust media service at no additional cost since we are dedicated to providing stellar amenities and the best, most productive tools possible so that exhibitors can meet their show goals and expectations," said Ellek.