PEEPS Celebrating 60 Years With New TV Commercial
First campaign in more than 10 years
BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- This Easter, Marshmallow PEEPS brand candies--which is celebrating its 60th anniversary--will debut its first live-action commercial to be run on TV and via social media. This is PEEPS' first TV campaign in more than 10 years and is the brand's first commercial to kick off an ongoing, year-round TV campaign.
In March, PEEPS will present the "Brothers" commercial, which will air on prime-time TV, on its www.marshmallowpeeps.com website and on its Facebook page.
"Brothers" opens with an older brother explaining to his younger brother all the different things he can do with PEEPS. Throughout the commercial, the older brother continues listing different ways to Express Your PEEPSonality.
Mark Hoffman, senior brand manager for PEEPS at Just Born Inc., said, "PEEPS fans are known for enjoying their PEEPS in many ways. This commercial captures the warmth and tradition of PEEPS while encouraging consumers to Express their PEEPSonality. PEEPS have been an important part of Easter traditions for 60 years, and we hope that this commercial will resonate with fans, giving them new ideas on how to have fun with their PEEPS for many more years to come."
The Terri & Sandy Solution, New York, filmed the 15-, 30- and 60-second "Brothers" spots in California; they were directed by the Hoffman Brothers.
This Easter, fans can enjoy the following Just Born treats:
- NEW Giant PEEPS Bunny: One- and three-count packages.
- NEW Hollow Milk Chocolate Egg filled with a PEEPS Marshmallow Chick.
- PEEPS Rainbow Pop: four-count packages.
- PEEPS Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Mousse Chicks: Three-count packages.
- PEEPS Chocolate (milk or dark) Dipped Yellow Chicks: Three-count packages.
- PEEPS PEEPSTERS: Bite-sized individual pieces of chocolate (milk or dark) enveloping a marshmallow-flavored creme center in 8eight-oz. bags.
- PEEPS Chocolate (milk or dark) Covered Marshmallow Chicks: Individually wrapped packages.
- PEEPS Chocolate Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Bunnies: Six-count packages.
- PEEPS Sugar-Free Yellow Chicks: Three-count packages.
- PEEPS Chicks and Bunnies available in a wide array of colors and package sizes.
- HOT TAMALES Cinnamon Jelly Beans: 14-oz. bags.
- Mike And Ike Assorted Fruit and Tangy Twister Jelly Beans: 14-oz. bags .
- Just Born Fruit Flavored and Spice Flavored Jelly Beans and Teenee Beanee Gourmet Jelly Beans.
Just Born is a family owned company founded in 1923 and based in Bethlehem, Pa., where it manufactures PEEPS, Hot Tamales and Mike And Ike brand candies. Goldenberg's Peanut Chews brand candies are produced in Philadelphia.