American Gas and Oil Rebrands 19 Sites to CITGO
Week of grand openings under way for Michigan retailer
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- CITGO marketer American Gas and Oil (AGO) and CITGO Petroleum Corp. are converting 19 gas stations across western Michigan to the CITGO brand. The conversion expands the company's network of CITGO locations to 27, with the newly branded stations featuring fresh service options for fuel and convenience store customers.
CITGO, Grand Rapids, Mich.-based AGO and special guest Miss Michigan 2014 KT Maviglia will celebrate the expansion with grand opening events taking place July 21 through July 25.
"We are thrilled about our extended partnership with CITGO," said Jason Berris, president of American Gas and Oil. "CITGO is a huge supporter of locally owned businesses, and we are excited to continue this collaboration.
“We knew that when we decided to convert these locations, CITGO would offer fair pricing, the convenience of local terminals and a commitment to community involvement. We have had a wonderful experience working with CITGO. We look forward to continuing this relationship and hope for many more partnership opportunities in the future."
As part of the grand-opening celebrations, the first 100 customers at each event to make a fuel purchase of eight gallons or more will receive a free gift. Additionally, Citibank representatives will be on site registering people for the CITGO Rewards Credit Card. Customers who sign up at the station will receive 15 cents off every gallon of fuel purchased for the first 60 days, a $5 CITGO Gift Card and will be automatically entered for the chance to win a 39-inch flat screen television.
A complete listing of all events:
- July 21 - 1355 Post Drive, Belmont, Mich. 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- July 21 - 4558 West River Drive, Comstock Park, Mich. 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- July 22 - 2770 10 Mile Road, Rockford, Mich. 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- July 22 - 470 E. Division, Rockford, Mich. 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- July 23 - 5155 28th Street S.E., Grand Rapids, Mich. 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- July 23 - 7100 E. Fulton, Ada, Mich. 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- July 24 - 284 84th St. S.W., Byron Center, Mich. 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- July 24 - 2805 Port Sheldon, Hudsonville, Mich. 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- July 25 - 11699 W. Randall, Coopersville, Mich. 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- July 25 - 800 Burton S.W., Wyoming, Mich. 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Most of the locations previously were branded BP.
Founded in 1976, American Gas and Oil is a family-owned business and proud supporter of locally owned charities and sponsorships. The company has continued to grow and offers a full range of services, including gas-station and convenience-store operations, and the distribution and transportation of petroleum products to their customers at competitive pricing. AGO currently owns and operates 27 CITGO locations across western Michigan.