CITGO Unveiling New Fuel, Marketer Programs
Holding 25th annual Roundtable Meetings this month
HOUSTON -- CITGO Petroleum Corp. will introduce a new enhanced gasoline and community outreach programs in 2013. The refiner will unveil the new programs to its marketers during its 2013 marketer roundtable meetings beginning this week.
Beginning Feb. 12 and continuing through March 5 throughout the CITGO footprint, these meetings allow CITGO personnel to present 2013 program updates, advertising plans and other tools that CITGO marketers can use to generate more traffic and sales at their locations.
Some of the key programs designed to drive retail activation and customer loyalty for CITGO marketers and retailers in 2013 include:
- Introduction of TriCLEAN Fuel, an enhanced CITGO gasoline that keeps engines clean and operating at optimal levels.
- Launch of the Fueling Good Road Trip, a tour through the CITGO footprint highlighting good things at CITGO locations, rewarding local schools and charities and showcasing the unique sights and personalities of each community, all of which will be reported along the way via social and broadcast media.
- Growth in the CITGO Grow Bucks program, which offers a signing bonus for new-to-CITGO locations, with a revised tier structure that rewards higher volume locations.
- Continued promotion of the CITGO Rewards proprietary credit card, which provides a five-cents-per-gallon statement credit on every gallon of CITGO fuel purchased with the card. Since its debut in the fall of 2012, new accounts have increased by more than 200%, with applications and approval rates increasing by more than 100%.
- Continued emphasis on the Centennial image implementation, with currently more than half of all CITGO locations sporting the new look.
- Changes within the mystery shop program, Trimark of Excellence, that the company said raise the bar on award and penalty thresholds in an effort to further improve the retail experience for customers.
"All of these programs will help grow the brand and generate enthusiasm and excitement among our potential and existing marketers and Retailers," said Alan Flagg, general manager of light oils marketing for CITGO. "We added more than 20 new Marketers and nearly 400 new-to-CITGO branded locations in our network last year, so we are ready to build on that momentum and work hard for our customers this year."
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the CITGO Roundtable Meetings, the company said.
"As we have for the last 25 years, we begin the year with a series of meetings that showcase the CITGO programs and customer support that our marketers have at their disposal," said Flagg. "One of our overarching goals is to provide flexible programs that fit the needs of our independent marketers, not one-size-fits-all solutions. Through these meetings we can talk directly with our valued customers and really understand how we can help them succeed."
CITGO, based in Houston, is a refiner, transporter and marketer of transportation fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and other industrial products. The company is owned by PDV America, Inc., an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Petroleos de Venezuela SA, the national oil company of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.