SIOUX FALLS, S.D. -- As E15 joins the fuel offer at major convenience-store chains such as RaceTrac, Sheetz and Thorntons, a new guide seeks to answer the biggest questions retailers have about the 15% ethanol blend.
The American Coalition for Ethanol (ACE), an ethanol industry group based in Sioux Falls, S.D., has created the “E15 & Flex Fuel Retailer Roadmap,” an 84-page resource guide for retailers, marketers and equipment suppliers. Topics include:
- How the E15 and flex-fuel markets compare to other fuel options such as diesel and premium-grade gasoline
- Information on E15-compatible vehicles
- Busting common myths or “ghost stories” about E15 and flex fuels
- A directory of ethanol producers with contact information
- Regulatory fuel specs, incentives and E15 and E85 market stats for each state
- The “math” of E15 and flex fuels, including profit projections, for retailers by state
“We’ve taken the average volume station for each state and show examples of the potential volume and profit a retailer could expect if they perform as well as an average high blend retailer, or a top performing E15 and flex-fuel retailer,” said Ron Lamberty, senior vice president of ACE. “Prospective retailers need to understand the blending economics, octane and RIN values of these blends, and current retailers have profited from the fuels but even more from increased customer counts and inside sales.”
The guide also includes a discussion of renewable identification numbers (RIN) and how E15 and E85 retailers can use them to increase their fuel profits.
To download a copy of the “E15 & Flex Fuel Retailer Roadmap,” click here.