NACS Names New Retailer Members to Board of Directors
Bartys, Jones, McKeen, Rhoads, Spinks join association's 30-person governing body
LAS VEGAS -- NACS has announced the election of five retail members to serve on its board of directors. The association named the members to their new positions during its board meeting at the 2014 NACS Show in Las Vegas.
The NACS retail members elected to serve on the board are:
- Anthony Bartys, senior vice president and COO of CST Brands Inc., San Antonio. Prior to taking on the COO role with CST Brands in 2013, Bartys served in various capacities with Valero, including vice president of operations and marketing for Valero Retail Holdings and vice president of retail operations for Valero Energy.
- Anderson Jones, president and CEO of Sprint Food Stores Inc., Augusta, Ga. Jones has been president and CEO of Sprint Food Stores since 1996. Previously, he was vice president, then president and CEO of MB Jones Oil Co. He served three terms on the Georgia Oilmen's Association board and is a member of the Society of Independent Gasoline Marketers of America (SIGMA).
- Kyle McKeen, president and CEO of Alon Brands Inc., Dallas. McKeen has served as president and CEO of Alon Brands since the organization was formed by Alon USA in 2008. Before joining Alon Brands, McKeen was president and COO of Carter Energy, an independent fuel marketer based in Overland Park, Kansas. Prior to Carter Energy, McKeen served in several leadership roles at Alon USA, including vice president of marketing.
- Donald Rhoads, president and CEO of The Convenience Group LLC, Vancouver, Wash. Rhoads joined The Convenience Group in 2000. He began his convenience career in 1989 as president of Quick Shop Minit Mart, as 51-unit retail store chain in Vancouver. Rhoads currently serves as president of the Washington Association of Neighborhood Stores and is a member of the NACS Legislative and NACSPAC Committees.
- Stephen Christopher Spinks, CEO of The Spinx Co. Inc., Greenville, S.C. Before being named CEO of the family-owned Spinx in 2013, Spinks served the company in numerous other capacities, including as president, CFO, controller, price analyst, construction manager and territory manager. In addition to his work with NACS, he is active with SIGMA, the Petroleum Marketers Association of America (PMAA) and the South Carolina Petroleum Marketers Association.
The National Association of Convenience Stores is led by a 30-member board, which includes three retailers from non-North American countries. In addition, the chairman and chairman-elect of the NACS Supplier Board also serve on the board of directors.
Founded in 1961, Alexandria, Va.-based NACS is the international association for convenience store and gas station retailing. It has 2,100 retail and 1,600 supplier member companies, which do business in nearly 50 countries.