Parker’s, Others Honored by Inc. 500|5000
Among America’s fastest-growing companies
SAVANNAH, Ga. -- Parker’s, a nationally recognized convenience store chain with 32 retail locations throughout southeast Georgia and coastal South Carolina, earned a spot on Inc. magazine’s Inc. 500|5000 Fastest Growing Companies list for the second year in a row.
“We’re grateful to Inc. and to our loyal customers for making this honor possible,” said Parker’s president and CEO Greg Parker. “At Parker’s, we are currently preparing for explosive growth in 2014 and beyond. We hope to continue to be one of the nation’s fastest-growing companies, delivering the ultimate service, the lowest prices and the finest quality to our customers every day.”
The 2013 Inc. 500/5000 list, which will officially be unveiled in the September 2013 issue ofInc., marks the most competitive group of companies in the list's history. To make the cut, companies needed to achieve significant sales growth between 2009 and 2012. To qualify, companies must have been founded and generating revenue by March 31, 2009, and were required to be U.S.-based, privately held, for profit and independent as of Dec. 31, 2012.
Parker’s placed No. 2,603 on the list with 3-year growth of 135% as calculated by Inc.
Other industry companies on the list include:
- Lightning Quick Gas N Go, Adrian, Mich., which placed No. 1,424 with 281% 3-year growth.
- Petroleum wholesaler Hightowers Petroleum Co. of Franklin, Ohio, which placed No. 1,978 with 190% 3-year growth.
- Flagstop Car Wash and Quick Lube of Chester, Va., which placed No. 3,796 with 76% 3-year growth.
- Atlas Oil Co., Taylor, Mich., which placed No. 3,844 with 74% growth.
- Kum & Go, West Des Moines, Iowa, which placed No. 4,052 with 54% growth.
The winners will be recognized at the 32nd Annual Inc. 500|5000 Conference and Awards Ceremony on Oct. 10-12, 2013, at the Gaylord National in Washington, D.C.