Mars Chocolate Highlights Consumer Promotions for 2012
Includes team-ups with NFL, NASCAR, Rock 'n' Roll Marathon Race Series
MCLEAN, Va. -- In 2012, Mars Chocolate North America will launch several retailer promotions, beginning in January.
Promotions and sponsorships include:
- Consumers and retailers will score big this season when Mars Brands and the NFL team up for the 2012 Super Bowl sweepstakes and instant-win game "Celebrate on the Field." Consumers will have the chance to win one of 5,000 instant-win prizes a day from December 19, 2011, to February 5, 2012.
- In January, Mars will showcase a "Take Your Peanut Butter Pick" cross-brand event featuring flavors from M&M's, Snickers and Twix Brands. The Mixed Singles Shipper and Mixed Singles Counter Unit will encourage consumers to taste a variety of Mars brands.
- Mars Chocolate North America is shifting its NASCAR sponsorship into high gear with a full year of M&M's Makes Race Day More Fun, giving M&M's brand fans numerous opportunities to connect with the brand from January to November.
- The sweepstakes promotion "When We Win, You Win!" engages NASCAR fans by linking the victorious performance of the M&M's Racing Team with chances to win great prizes, including new cars and instant-win prizes, from January to November.
- Marathon brand will be the Official Energy Bar for the 2012 Rock 'n' Roll Marathon Race Series, gaining brand exposure at 25 race events, reaching more than two million consumers.
Mars Chocolate North America is the North American chocolate operations of Mars Inc. Based in McLean, Va., Mars has net sales of more than $30 billion and six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks and Symbioscience.
Mars brands include Chocolate: M&M's, Snickers, Dove, Galaxy, Mars, Milky Way and Twix; Petcare: Pedigree, Whiskas, Sheba, Cesar and Royal Canin; Wrigley – Orbit, Extra, Starburst, Doublemint and Skittles; Food: Uncle Ben's, Dolmio, Ebly, Masterfoods and Seeds of Change; Drinks: Alterra Coffee Roasters, The Bright Tea Co., Klix and Flavia; and Symbioscience: Seramis, Cirku and Cocoavia.