VeriFone Unveils EMV-Capable, Portable Mobile Payment Solutions
New systems, software enable acquirers, ISOs to support the needs of small merchants
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- VeriFone Systems Inc.. has rolled out a new countertop, portable mobile payment systems and mobile point-of-sale (POS) software designed to meet the business needs of acquirers and independent sales organizations (ISOs).
The need for "future-proof" solutions continues to grow as EMV (Europay, MasterCard and Visa) migration looms, consumer interest in mobile wallets and alternative payments increases, and merchants look to leverage the power and flexibility of mobility inside and outside the physical store. VeriFone is committed to delivering EMV- and near-field communication (NFC)-capable solutions that meet the needs of each channel partner and the evolving needs of their merchant customers.
VeriFone's new payment acceptance systems include:
- VX 520 Color: A new version of the popular EMV-capable VX 520 that features a 3G option, a vivid LCD color display and provides an improved user experience for merchants through a new 5-way navigation button and icon-based apps.
- VX 680 3G: A portable, EMV-capable system that leverages the industry's fastest wireless communication speed to help merchants serve their customers and make the sale quickly, inside or outside the store.
- VX 675: The smallest all-in-one, EMV-capable, wireless handheld payment device with durable construction that makes it ideal for restaurants, hospitality, delivery, transportation or other business that thrives on pay-anywhere, pay-anytime convenience.
- PAYware Mobile e105: An EMV-capable, PCI PTS debit-approved mobile payment acceptance solution that securely turns smartphones, tablets and other smart devices into a point of sale.
- VX 520 LE: A new entry-level device that can be combined with the widely available VX 805 PIN pad to create an affordable EMV migration path without compromising speed or durability.
VeriFone has also introduced a new solution that empowers acquirers and ISOs to enhance their offerings with full-featured POS software previously only available to large merchants. The channel-ready GlobalBay Merchant solution is a software system for mobile tablets that provides smaller merchants with the same benefits that leading Tier 1 and 2 retailers have with VeriFone's GlobalBay Mobile POS (mPOS). The solution is designed for supporting individual operators with one to 25 locations that need centralized access to and control of the point of sale at each retail store.
"VeriFone is committed to enabling channel partner success in a rapidly evolving market by providing EMV-capable, portable and mobile solutions that meet merchant needs today and are able to support the new requirements of tomorrow," said Jennifer Miles, president of VeriFone Americas. "We are focused on delivering certified, customizable products and services that enable our partners to bridge traditional payments and new innovations."
San Jose, Calif.-based VeriFone is the global leader in secure electronic payment solutions. VeriFone provides expertise, solutions and services that add value to the point of sale with merchant-operated, consumer-facing and self-service payment systems for the financial, retail, hospitality, petroleum, government and healthcare vertical markets.