VP Racing, Allied Brand Capital Presenting EMV Discussion
Panel of experts to offer compliance strategies, solutions at NACS
LAS VEGAS -- VP Racing Fuels and Allied Brand Capital LLC will present a panel discussion at the upcoming NACS Show in Las Vegas to discuss strategies and solutions to achieve EMV (Europay, MasterCard and Visa) compliance.
Attendees will be able to interact with a panel of industry leaders and experts to learn what they need to know about EMV migration and what the October 2015 deadline means to their business, said Mike Cerminaro, president of Allied Brand Capital, who will co-host and moderate the discussion.
“With our panel, retailers can pose questions to the foremost technology experts in their respective fields and learn about state-of-the-art solutions that will help future-proof their POS platform. The session will explore ways to prioritize your EMV assessment strategy, identify your specific needs and implement an EMV solution to better position your business for the liability shift and reduce your risk of payment card fraud,” he said.
“We know the new EMV compliance guidelines can be complex and confusing, so finding the right POS solution is not an easy task,” Cerminaro added. “Knowing and understanding the language and requirements of EMV will prepare you to better evaluate and make the right decisions while avoiding installation mistakes and duplicative spending.”
Panel members include:
- Ernesto Priego, senior product manager, NCR Corp.
- Steve Van Vlack, national sales manager for technology solutions, Wayne Fueling Systems.
- Kim Seller, POS and security consultant for major accounts, CBE Inc.
- Keith Bryant, director and relationship manager for national and global accounts, First Data Corp.
The panel discussion will address valuable and useful topics including:
- Little known ways to enhance an EMV migration plan and save money on equipment costs and installation.
- Three critical things jobbers must know to better position themselves for the liability shift and avoid inherent credit risk exposure.
- Showcase examples of best practices and creative solutions to achieve EMV compliance.
- How to properly balance priorities between the October 2015 deadline for compliance inside the store versus the October 2017 deadline for compliance in the forecourt via fuel dispensers.
- Creative financing techniques jobbers can use to help dealers adopt EMV compliance protocol in a timely manner.
Based in Kingston, N.J., Allied Brand Capital is a specialty equipment finance company that provides vendor financing solutions for clients in the retail and wholesale petroleum industry.
San Antonio-based VP Racing and its retail brand program helps convenience-store retailers differentiate, save money and compete more effectively with major brands and large retailers. VP-branded stores also distribute VP’s other product lines including small-engine fuels, hobby fuels, performance chemicals and more.