Planning for Strategic Growth
Greg Parker on his plans for the next decade and how he intends to become a multibillion-dollar company.
Parker’s by the Numbers
- Corporate headquarters: Savannah, Ga.
- Number of stores: 32
- Number of employees: 400
- Annual sales: $500 million
- Debt to equity: 0.97
- Percentage of debt: Less than 50%
- Break-even pool margin: -7.69 cents
- Gross profit dollar per labor dollar: $3.08
- Direct store operating expenses as a percentage of gross profit: 45%
- Number of PumpPal members: 75,000
- Percentage of all gas sold to PumpPal members: 32%
- Title: President and CEO of Parker’s
- Hometown: Collins, Ga.
- Age: 59
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Georgia
- No. of years in the c-store business: 37
- Business motto: Listen to the customer.