CHICAGO — As healthier eating trends drive consumers to consider a wider variety of beverage options, retailers are expanding the variety of drink types in their cold vaults.
Here are eight beverages that reported expanded reach in the past few months ...
2. Coco Taps
Fresh-tapped coconut supplier Coco Taps announced that its fresh coconut water is now available at all Terrible Herbst Las Vegas locations. Coco Taps provides 100% pure coconut water straight from the coconut source in its original natural packaging. Las Vegas-based Coco Taps are available at more than 20 resorts, 60 restaurants and now 40 convenience stores in Las Vegas, California and Arizona.
The Alkaline Water Co. Inc., maker of bottled water Alkaline88, has entered into an agreement with Premier National Food Distributors to place Alkaline88 in its nationwide network of more than 1,000 direct-store delivery (DSD) routes. Premier DSD strengthens the Scottsdale, Ariz.-based company’s presence in the convenience-store channel, specifically in the Northeast market of New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and New Jersey, the company said.
Los Angeles-based Soylent Nutrition Inc. launched a partnership July 1 with Dot Foods, the nation’s largest food industry redistributor. Soylent’s flagship 14-ounce ready-to-drink products are now available to Dot Foods’ approximately 4,500 distribution customers serving foodservice, supermarket, retail and convenience sales channels. Mount Sterling, Ill.-based Dot Foods will immediately expand Soylent’s availability across a variety of retail and foodservice channels, provide a more flexible ordering system to customers and provide operational support and efficiencies to further advance company growth, the company said. Soylent is a meal-replacement drink available in seven flavors.
GacLife, a gac fruit-infused natural health beverage, is now available in Northern California. Gac is a superfruit known to protect eyes and skin. Since the beginning of the year, GacLife has launched its beverages in more than 200 locations in California, according to the Santa Monica, Calif.-based manufacturer. GacLife flavors and functions include:
- Hydrate: Gac’s flagship sparking antioxidant solution with mango or passionfruit replenishes antioxidants, which can help prevent environmental damage.
- Energy: Revitalizing green tea, ginseng, guarana and sparkling water boost concentration, maintain alertness, and reduce mental and physical fatigue.
- Sport: Refreshing with lemon juice and natural electrolytes, this variety helps reduce inflammation and regulate muscle and nerve function.
- Cleanse: Detoxifying activated charcoal, nettle, dandelion and cranberry juice help remove toxins while improving digestion and immunity.
- Beauty: Skin-rejuvenating coenzyme Q10 and blueberries revitalize the body and help prevent signs of aging.
- Relax: Soothing, tranquil kava blend with lemon and delicious raspberry for natural stress relief and replenishing antioxidants.
- Sleep: Calming chamomile passionflower and natural electrolytes help support nerve function and revitalize the body during sleep.
6. Roar Organic
Roar Organic, a USDA-certified organic line of electrolyte-infused beverages, has expanded distribution into 10,000 new accounts nationwide, according to the company. The expansion will include all Safeway locations, as well as the addition of 7-Eleven convenience stores on the East Coast. With 10 calories and 2 grams of organic cane sugar or less per serving, Roar Organic features a combination of ingredients to benefit consumers. These include electrolytes for faster hydration, antioxidants to protect against free radicals and B vitamins for energy. Roar is non-GMO, gluten-free, soy-free and vegan. It is available in six flavors: Cucumber Watermelon, Mango Clementine, Georgia Peach, Blueberry Acai, Strawberry Coconut and Pineapple Mint.
HyVida Brands Inc. has expanded distribution nationally in partnership with Unified Natural Foods Inc. (UNFI) and KeHe, giving HyVida access to virtually all independent and natural retailers, as well as leading conventional retailers in the United States, according to the company. HyVida is a hydrogen-infused sparkling water. Since launching with UNFI and KeHe in August 2018, HyVida has built a strong portfolio of more than 1,000 stores in the Eastern and Midwestern United States. The Muskegon, Mich.-based company has also signed deals with leading sales broker firms:
- Choice Sales in California and Southwest states.
- Horizon Sales in Texas and Southcentral states.
- Grass Roots in the Pacific Northwest.
8. Keef Cola
Keef Brands, the Boulder, Colo.-based maker of cannabis-infused beverages, has launched its portfolio of cannabis-infused sodas, including Keef Cola, in Northern California. Each 12-ounce bottle contains 10 milligrams of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), along with vitamins C, B3, B6 and B12. Five flavors will be available at select dispensaries throughout Northern California:
- Keef Cola Original: Keef Cola delivers an original cola taste similar to those found in timeless, old-school soda fountains.
- Bubba Kush Root Beer: Winner of the 2015 High Times Cannabis Cup for Best Edible, this flavor also mixes well with ice cream to create an infused root beer float.
- Blue Razz: A blend of raspberry and blueberry flavors for the ultimate berry soda.
- Orange Kush: Refreshing and tangy notes of orange citrus flavor.
- Purple Passion: Classic grape soda flavor with carefully calculated amounts of sweetness and fizz.