Circle K is rolling out a new line of private-label wines in multiple price points to more than 3,000 of its stores. The new Sunshine Bliss brand is a line of award-winning, value-priced wines starting under $8.
The convenience-store chain also has other under-$8 wines and a new premium lineup of six fine wines from $10 to $25, said the company, owned by Laval, Quebec-based Alimentation Couche-Tard.
The Sunshine Bliss lineup and the fine wines boast strong tasting point ratings and several gold and silver awards, Circle K said. Many of the wines have been named best buys by Tastings.com and Wine Enthusiast.
“Our wines are curated specifically for customers seeking both quality and convenience,” said Sophie Provencher, senior vice president, global merchandising at Circle K. “By expanding into this category, we are diversifying our adult beverage offering with an exclusive, exceptional wine experience for our Circle K customers at a great price point for everyday occasions.”
- Alimentation Couche-Tard is No. 2 on CSP’s 2023 Top 40 update to the 2022 Top 202 ranking of convenience store chains by store count.
Available now at stores in 27 states, Sunshine Bliss wines were crafted to capture the essence of the California vineyards where the brand’s grapes are grown, Circle K said. The seven new varieties in the Sunshine Bliss line, as described by the retailer, include:
- Cabernet Sauvignon: Voted Top 10 in the 2022 World Value Wine Challenge, it boasts notes of berries and cherry with a toasted oak finish
- Pinot Grigio Colombard: Light-bodied white wine with hints of citrus fruits and green apple all leading to a crisp and refreshing finish
- Chardonnay: Features a bright blend of honeysuckle, lemon and green apple notes. Aged in toasted oak, it has aromas of vanilla and oak that linger on the finish
- Moscato: Voted Top 10 in the 2022 World Value Wine Challenge, this sweet blend has aromas of sweet peach, pear and a hint of grapefruit that is medium bodied with a refreshing finish
- Pink Moscato: A medium-bodied blend of sweet red berries and white peaches that lingers on the palate
- Sweet Peach: Light bodied with aromas of fresh peaches
- Sweet Strawberry: Light bodied with aromas of fresh picked strawberries and rose wine blend
In addition to Sunshine Bliss, the six fine wines are:
- Fog Lane Red Blend: Triple award-winning and voted best buy by Wine Enthusiast, it has rich flavors of ripe cherries and vanilla offering a bold and long-lasting finish
- Brick & Cole Cabernet: Offers rich flavors of blackberries and jammy fruits and a long, sweet finish
- Pine Crest Chardonnay: Aged in toasted oak, delivers a rich and buttery mouthfeel with vibrant flavors of peach and citrus that lingers on the finish
- Momental Pinot Noir: Offers luxurious aromas of cherry and espresso, with a toasted oak finish and velvety texture
- Bella Figura Pinot Grigio: Showcases flavors of peach, honeysuckle and citrus fruits
- Ivy Ridge Sauvignon Blanc: Offering notes of bright lemon, this wine is from the Marlborough region of New Zealand
The fine wines collection is currently available in more than 900 stores across 17 states and will expand more broadly this year.
Couche-Tard’s 24-country global c-store network includes more than 7,100 in the United States, primarily under the Circle K and Holiday Stationstores banners. Couche-Tard’s total worldwide network consists of approximately 14,300 mostly Circle K-branded c-stores.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a CSP member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.