CHICAGO — Several beverages sold by convenience stores made it on the 2021 North America BASES Top Breakthrough Innovations list.
BASES, a NielsenIQ business, helps companies build brands through innovation, renovation, strategy and go-to-market optimization. The BASES Top Breakthrough Innovations project has been recognizing successful launches for 10 years, advancing the state of innovation knowledge and leveraging learnings to make innovators more successful.
“These winners represent the best of the best, and they’ve been able to achieve success and break through the clutter of the marketplace by making meaningful connections with consumers,” said Kelly Startzel, senior vice president of BASES North America.
The North American winners represented consumer packaged goods (CPG) products across multiple categories. In packaged beverages and alcohol, the products recognized were:
- Crown Royal Peach whiskey from Diageo, London
- Heineken 0.0 nonalcohol beer from Heineken USA, White Plains, N.Y.
- Oatly Oatmilk from New York-based Oatly
- Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey, from San Diego, Calif.-based Skrewball Spirits
- Spindrift Sparkling Water from Newton, Mass.-based Spindrift Beverage Co.
- Starbucks Frappuccino with a Splash of Cold Brew from PepsiCo., New York
- Starbucks Tripleshot Energy
NielsenIQ is a Chicago-based consumer data company.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a CSP member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.