ALEXANDRIA, Va. -- NACS has named Dave Riser, vice president of external relations for RAI Trade Marketing Services Co., a subsidiary of tobacco company Reynold American Inc., chairman of the 2018-2019 NACS supplier board. Drew Mize, senior vice president of global ERP solutions for convenience-store software company PDI, has been appointed chairman-elect and will succeed Riser in 2019-2020.
The announcement came during the NACS supplier board meeting at the 2018 NACS Show in Las Vegas.
“I am honored to be named chairman of the NACS supplier board,” said Riser. “The time that I have spent on committees and the board has been an invaluable learning experience. I look forward to the continued working relationship with the multiple leaders within the convenience industry.”
Riser joined RAI in 1983 as a sales representative for R.J. Reynolds’ Indianapolis region. In 1989, he became division manager in St. Paul, Minn., and was promoted to manager of sales training at the company’s Winston-Salem, N.C., headquarters three years later. After holding roles in the company’s human resources and marketing departments, Riser became assistant region sales manager in California and Detroit in 1995 and 1996, respectively.
In 2000, Riser was named director of human resources and sales and marketing. A year later, he became area vice president of sales for the western region, and in 2004, was named area vice president for the Midwest. Riser assumed his current role in 2006.
Mize has worked in retail convenience technology for 23 years. Before joining Alpharetta, Ga.-based PDI, he worked for TMI Services, Fort Worth, Texas, for 12 years as a business analyst and eventually became vice president. In 2005, Mize was named vice president of retail solutions for Pinnacle Corp., Arlington, Texas, a role which he held until PDI acquired Pinnacle’s retail and wholesale fuel technology assets in Dec. 2016. He has held his current role ever since.
NACS has also appointed three vice chairmen to the supplier board:
- Rick Brindle, vice president of industry development for Mondelez International, Deerfield, Ill.
- Brent Cotten, senior director of customer and industry affairs for The Hershey Co., Hershey, Pa.
- Frank Squilla, executive vice president of industry and trade relations for payment solution company InComm, Atlanta.
The board has also elected seven new general members:
- Steve Bradley, corporate vice president of sales for Wilbur Curtis Co. Inc., Montebello, Calif.
- Josh Halpren, chief sales officer for North American Breweries Inc., Rochester, N.Y.
- Tim Knight, team leader of convenience, North, for BIC Corp., Shelton, Conn.
- Chuck Maggelet, CEO of Maverik Inc. (retailer liaison), Salt Lake City.
- John Thomas, vice president, industry development, for iSee Store Innovations LLC, Kirkwood, Mo.
- Dean Zurliene, vice president of national convenience for Monster Energy Co., Corona, Calif.
Founded in 1961 as the National Association of Convenience Stores, Alexandria, Va.-based NACS has 2,100 retailer and 1,750 supplier members from more than 50 countries.
Photograph by CSP Staff
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a CSP member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.