ANKENY, Iowa -- Casey’s General Stores Inc. has kicked off a week of giveaways and contests to celebrate its 50th year in business.
The chain was founded in 1968 by Donald Lamberti with a store in Boone, Iowa. It has since grown to more than 2,000 stores in 16 states. This year, the Ankeny, Iowa-based chain ranked No. 4 in CSP’s Top 202 list of the largest c-store chains in the United States. It is the fifth-largest pizza chain in the United States.
From June 25 through June 29, Casey’s is treating customers with special in-store giveaways each day of the week. Items include playing cards, lanyards, pens, sunglasses and coloring and activity books.
And through Aug. 31, Casey’s is running special 50-cent promotions, including:
- 50-cent Casey’s cake doughnuts
- Buy one cookie, get another for 50 cents
- Buy one Snickers or M&M's, get another for 50 cents
- Buy one 20-ounce Pepsi brand packaged beverage or 28-ounce BodyArmor sports drink, get another for 50 cents
- 50-cent mug refills of soda and iced tea at the fountain
- Buy a slice of Casey’s pizza and get a 32-ounce fountain drink for 50 cents
And throughout June, Casey’s has been running a social media “photo frame” contest in which customers can take a photo behind a Casey’s 50th anniversary photo frame, and post and tag the image on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, with the hashtag #caseys50th. The submitter of the winning photo will win free gasoline from Casey’s for a year.
Photo courtesy of Casey's General Stores.