Love's Announces Promotions
Names new vice presidents, directors in ops, fuel marketing, IT, more
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Inc. has announced several promotions to key leadership positions.
"As we continue to increase our number of locations and expand in other areas, we will need proven leaders," said Tom Love, executive chairman and founder of Love's. "The hard work and vision of the individuals we've promoted will ensure the solid future of Love's."
- Ginny Webb has been promoted to CIO and vice president of technology. Webb is in charge of all aspects of information technology, including information security, infrastructure, customer support, data, development, product and project support. She came to Love's in 2012 with 25 years of experience leading information technology teams. Previously, she served as Chesapeake Energy's vice president of IT business systems and worked for Devon Energy Corp.
- Kevin Asbury's has been promoted to executive vice president of operations. Asbury is responsible for leading all operations efforts for Love's, including seven retail divisions, tire care, facilities maintenance and the operations support teams of marketing, merchandising, restaurant services, loss prevention and field services. He joined Love's in 1986 and spent 21 years working in Love's retail operation.
- Brent Bergevin has been promoted to vice president of transportation of Gemini Motor Transport, Love's fuel hauling company, He plays a key role in supplying all Love's locations with diesel and fuel. Bergevin oversees more than 800 drivers and more than 500 trucks that haul products to Love's locations nationwide. Prior to joining Love's in 1997, he gained experience in the convenience store and travel stop industry at Shell Oil and Pilot Corp. Bergevin also worked for Petroleum Wholesale.
- Jon Archard has been promoted to vice president of fuel marketing. Archard oversees, develops and maintains relationships with fleets across the country. He manages Love's nationwide sales effort to ensure proper calibration between Love's business offerings and its customer base. Archard joined Love's in 2001 as a regional account manager. He gained marketing experience as the director of golf and marketing at Cypress Run Golf Club in Florida.
- Rick Shuffield has been promoted to vice president of real estate and development. He works with leaders in communities nationwide to secure property for new Love's locations. Shuffield joined Love's in 1997 as a director of travel stop operations. He previously worked for Pilot Corp. and Wendy's.
- Tony LoPresto has been promoted to director of finance. His new responsibilities include overseeing financial reporting, treasury, fixed assets, utilities management, internal audit, enterprise risk management and accounts receivable and billing functions. He served as an audit manager in the KPMG-Oklahoma City practice before coming to Love's in 2007.
- Michael Hartfield has been promoted to director of human resources. He is in charge of corporate employee relations, compensation, benefits, payroll, corporate recruiting, training and wellness. Prior to joining Love's last year, Hartfield was an assistant vice president at USAA, a financial services firm.
- Justin Long has been promoted to director of business aligned IT. He is responsible for delivery and support of all corporate projects and technology application solutions, such as the implementation of Love's customer relationship management software, SAP finance solution and Love's company intranet. Long joined the Love's Family of Cos. as a regional trader for Musket in 2006, moved into trading risk control and then led the implementation of RightAngle in 2008. Previously, he worked in technical development at CITGO Petroleum before joining the product supply team as a senior refined product scheduler for CITGO.
- Mike McCane has been promoted to director of development and data services. He is responsible for all technical work across various enterprise platforms, including Love's iSeries, Microsoft and systems, applications, products (SAP) initiatives and development services. McCane previously worked for ExxonMobil, Freeport-McMoRan and Valero Energy Corp.
Founded in 1964 by Tom Love, Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores is based in Oklahoma City and remains entirely family-owned and operated. It has more than 330 locations and 200 Love's Truck Tire Care centers in 40 states.