Aloha Completes Purchase of MFM’s Hawaii Assets
Will continue to operate stores under current brands for now
The acquisition includes the following fuel stations and retail outlets, all on the island of Kauai:
- Shell fuel station and Shell Food Mart located in Kapaa.
- Shell fuel station, Subway restaurant, and Menehune Food Mart located in Kilauea.
- Subway restaurant located in the Eleele Shopping Center.
- Menehune Food Mart located in Kekaha.
- Menehune Food Mart located in Kapahi.
Aloha Petroleum will continue operating the locations under the current retail brands in the near future.
“The acquisition is a great opportunity to grow our retail store operations on the island of Kauai, and we look forward to continuing to service and cater to the needs of the local residents," Richard Parry, president and CEO of Aloha Petroleum, said when the deal was announced.
Aloha Petroleum is a subsidiary of Sunoco LP and is one of the largest gasoline marketers and convenience-store operators in the state of Hawaii, with a history that dates back to the early 1900s. Following the MFM acquisition, Aloha will employ more than 630 Hawaii residents and markets through approximately 100 Shell, Aloha, and Mahalo branded gas stations and 50 Aloha Island Mart convenience stores throughout the state.