Mars Wrigley Unveils New Platform for Sales Insights
NEWARK, N.J. — As Mars Wrigley introduced an extensive list of new products during the Sweets & Snack Expo in Indianapolis in June, it also unveiled a new platform intended to help retailers sell more impulse products.
The new Accelerating Impulse Moments (AIM) insights platform consists of conversion strategies for retailers across all channels in stores and online with Snacks Aisle Optimization, Secondary Display Growth, Transaction Zone Reinvention and Digital Solutions Execution among the focuses of the platform. These strategies will help retailers shape impulse throughout the shopper journey to create an effective and engaging omnichannel experience’ the company said.
“These new insights and innovative products are poised to not only drive growth for the category but also impact people’s lives,” said Tim LeBel, president of sales at Mars Wrigley, “as Mars Wrigley continues to bring people better moments and more smiles this year and in the future.”
This set of leadership and conversion strategies will continuously incorporate Mars Wrigley’s test-and-learn results and new consumer behavior data as the company adjusts impulse shopping solutions for its partners, the company said.
Mars Wrigley’s Innovative Merchandising Incubator, introduced in 2019 with Kum & Go as its selected partner, recently finished its first in-market test-and-learn. After thoughtful planning and execution, Mars Wrigley’s most strategic convenience-store testing partnership reimagined the store layout, which not only triggered confectionery purchases but also purchases of products in adjacent categories as well, ultimately delivered strong results and growth, the company said.
Mars Wrigley is also introducing new innovations at this year’s expo that reflect consumers’ changing needs for the category.
“Though the way people shop and interact with our category is evolving, we’re more committed than ever to connecting with our consumers and delivering relevant, innovative new products,” said Tim LeBel, president of sales at Mars Wrigley.
New products displayed during the Sweets & Snacks Expo included ...
Dove Promises Deeper Dark Chocolate & Deepest Dark Chocolate, available in indulgent cacao varieties: Deeper Dark Chocolate (70% Cacao) and Deepest Dark Chocolate (82% Cacao).
Extra Extraordinary Packs, a limited-time offer featuring words of affirmation on every 15-stick slim pack.
- M&M’s Mix, the first offering from the candy brand that combines three different flavors in one bag.
- M&M’s White Chocolate Pretzel Snowballs, created exclusively for the 2021 holiday season, combine a white chocolate shell with a crunchy, pretzel-filled center.
Orbit and 5
- Orbit Mega Pack, a 100% recyclable package of 30 pieces of gum.
- Respawn by 5, a collaboration of Mars Wrigley’s 5 gum with the mental performance nutrition brand made for gamers that provides a steady flow of energy and concentration in a chewable treat.
- Skittles All Lime intended to please fans’ requests for an all-lime-flavored package of the chewy candies.
- Skittles Gummies, available in the Original Five Fruity Flavors and Wild Berry varieties.
- Skittles Pride Packs, for which Skittles gave up its colorful rainbow packaging to support and celebrate the LGBTQ+ community.
Snickers Almond Brownie, the newest addition to the Snickers portfolio featuring a chewy brownie filling mixed with chopped almonds and topped with a layer of caramel, all coated in dark chocolate.
With $40 billion in annual sales, Newark, N.J.-based Mars Inc. produces candy brands such as Snickers, Dove, Extra, M&M’s Milky Way, Twix and more.