LOS ANGELES -- Cookie maker Otis Spunkmeyer has rolled out its new retail line of 20 conveniently prepackaged sweet snacks with the tagline “No Funky Stuff,” a promise of better ingredients. The new consumer-focused retail line includes snack cakes, loaf cakes, mini muffins, mini cupcakes and cookies in a variety of classic flavors.
With this new line of sweet treats, the brand has committed to “better-for-you” ingredients. “No Funky Stuff” means all of the products are made without artificial flavors or colors, high-fructose corn syrup or partially hydrogenated oils.
The full Otis Spunkmeyer retail line of foods include the following categories:
- Otis Spunkmeyer Mini Loaf Cakes are available in iced lemon and cinnamon crumb. The suggested retail price (SRP) ranges from $3.49 to $4.49.
- Otis Spunkmeyer Crème Cakes are spongy cake with a vanilla or caramel center, available in golden crème and chocolate crème with caramel. The SRP range is $3.49 to $4.49.
- Otis Spunkmeyer Frosted Crème Cakes are golden cake filled with cream and a thick layer of vanilla or strawberry icing, available in golden with strawberry, frosted golden and chocolate frosted with caramel. The SRP range is $3.49 to $4.49.
Muffins, Mini Muffins and Mini Cupcakes
- Otis Spunkmeyer Muffins are made with real fruit and come in blueberry and banana flavors. The SRP range is $3.49 to $4.49.
- Otis Spunkmeyer Mini Muffins are bite-sized muffins available in blueberry, banana and chocolate chip. The SRP is $3.49 to $4.69
- Otis Spunkmeyer Mini Cupcakes are bite-sized cupcakes filled with vanilla crème, available in golden and chocolate. The SRP range is $3.49 to $4.49.
Cookies, Super Cookies and Frozen Cookie Dough
- Otis Spunkmeyer Cookies are available in three classic flavors: chocolate chunk, oatmeal raisin and double chocolate. The SRP is $3.49 to $4.49.
- Otis Spunkmeyer Super Cookies are giant, bakeable (9-inch diameter) cookies that come in an oven pan for warming. Cookies are available in chocolate chip and double chocolate. The SRP range is $6.99.
- Otis Spunkmeyer Frozen Cookie Dough, which comes in a resealable pouch so consumers can make a fresh cookie in minutes, come in chocolate chip. The SRP is $3.49 to $4.49.
All of the snacks are individually wrapped, designed for an on-the-go snack option for consumers.
And expanding on the promise to offer better ingredients in the food, Otis Spunkmeyer will be begin using cage-free eggs in its sweets starting with the existing retail line in 2018, and eventually converting all of its sweets--retail and foodservice--to be baked using cage-free eggs by the end of 2023.
Los Angeles-based Otis Spunkmeyer, an Aryzta brand, has been a pioneer in the fresh-baked cookie business and a leader in the sweet baked goods industry for more than 35 years.