ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The 2020 Conexxus Annual Conference will focus on how the fuel retail industry can adapt to and adopt the new rules of frictionless retail and address the “technical debt” problem.
Technical debt refers to the cumulative cost of nonstandardized technology products that retailers might accumulate while trying to keep up with today’s ever-changing and disruptive retail market.
The Conexxus Annual Conference will be held April 26-30, 2020, in Tucson, Ariz.
Education sessions already announced for Conexxus Annual Conference include:
- Technology Foundations Creating Foodservice Success. Panel moderated by Kay Segal, founder and managing partner of the Business Accelerator Team.
- We’re the Government and We’re Here to Help You—Or Not: Paige Anderson, director of government relations for NACS.
- Think Tank v05—Technology Leadership. Panel moderated by Ed Collupy, executive consultant with W. Capra Consulting Group.
- Progress in the API Sprint: David Ezell, director of new initiatives for Conexxus.
- Convenience Retail: Data Security by Obscurity Is Over. Panel moderated by Mike Lindberg, payment solutions director for CHS Refined Fuels.
- State of the Convenience Industry and Outlook Ahead: Lori Stillman, vice president of research for NACS.
Conexxus is a nonprofit, member-driven technology organization dedicated to the development and implementation of standards, technologies innovation and advocacy for the convenience-store and petroleum market. Conexxus members collaborate on key present and future industry challenges and innovations. The group’s work aims to improve profitability by reducing the cost of IT ownership and improving the competitiveness of its members.