NEWTON, Mass. -- Paytronix Systems, a reward-program software provider, has expanded its rewards platform with integrations to point-of-sale (POS) systems Gilbarco Passport, NCR Radiant and Verifone Commander, the most prevalent POS solutions for convenience stores.
Convenience-store chain Yesway was first to market with the new platform. The Des Moines, Iowa-based company built its recently launched rewards program using Paytronix Rewards, which integrates directly with Yesway’s Gilbarco and NCR Radiant POS systems.
“One of our core requirements for the Yesway Rewards programs was a robust analytics and segmentation platform,” said Darrin Samaha, vice president and brand manager, Yesway. “Now that we are underway with our program, without question, the Paytronix platform provides us with out-of-the-box marketing tools for our organization needs. We are able to leverage the analytics platform and the Paytronix Data Insights team to better understand our customers and know when and where to help them to extract more revenue from the customer journey.”
With the preconfigured Paytronix integrations, convenience stores can implement rewards programs with the following capabilities:
- Customer identification: Brands have multiple options to tie a customer’s account to the rewards program using a plastic card, mobile check-in, or guest lookup via telephone number at the POS.
- Real-time accrual and redemption: Points accrue and rewards are redeemed in the moment a transaction is completed at the POS.
- Customer-engagement tools: C-stores can message customers on multiple channels including email, push, pull, and SMS with tailored communications triggered by POS activity.
- Reporting and data analysis: Consumer POS behavior insights and reporting capabilities facilitate a better understanding of each customer and the delivery of relevant offers, reduce cannibalized sales and accurately report outstanding liability.
- Check-level purchase data: The system ties granular purchase behavior from the POS to each individual reward program member.
“POS integration is the lifeblood of the Paytronix platform. It connects the data being collected in the field to our powerful backend system where marketers employ a one-to-one marketing strategy,” said Michelle Tempesta, head of marketing, Paytronix. “Our ability to pull data from and push it to the POS changes the customer experience by making it more relevant and personal in the store, thereby establishing a deeper bond between the customer and the brand.”
Newton, Mass.-based Paytronix’s proprietary guest engagement platform helps more than 300 restaurant and retail chains manage and grow more than $18 billion in guest spend.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a CSP member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.