HOUSTON — Shell Oil Co. and Dunkin' are expanding their Fuel Rewards partnership nationwide. The Sip Dunkin', Save at Shell program allows Fuel Rewards members with Gold Status and DD Perks Rewards Program members to save 10 cents per gallon every time they purchase five beverages at a Dunkin' location.
The promotion is slated to run through the end of 2020. Below is a breakdown of how consumers can participate:
- New members sign up for a DD Perks and a Fuel Rewards account, or existing members log into their accounts.
- Link DD Perks and Fuel Rewards accounts. A bonus, one-time linking offer of 25 cents per gallon is available through April 30, 2020.
- Buy five beverages at participating Dunkin' locations at any time, scanning the DD Perks loyalty ID or an enrolled DD Card code located in the Dunkin' App.
- Automatically save 10 cents per gallon on their next fill-up at Shell by using the Fuel Rewards card.
- The promotion is valid throughout the year. Linked DD Perks and Fuel Rewards members may repeatedly purchase five beverages and save 10 cents per gallon with their Gold Status discount as many times as they like through Dec. 31, 2020. Members may also make the five beverage purchases individually or in fewer than five transactions (for example, one transaction).
"Shell is thrilled to expand our partnership with Dunkin' beyond a successful Northeast pilot to a national offering, allowing more consumers the ability to both enjoy their favorite Dunkin' beverages and save when filling up their vehicle," said Todd Gulbransen, North America CRM and loyalty manager for Shell Oil Products U.S., Houston. "This national expansion has been something Shell, Dunkin' and the Fuel Rewards program have been working on collaboratively. The teams are excited to offer consumers across the country the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of both loyalty programs."
"From the coffee in your cup to the gasoline in your car, Dunkin' and Shell and both play a big part in keeping Americans fueled throughout their busy day," said Justin Unger, director of strategic partnerships at Dunkin' Brands. "We are excited to continue to build the great partnership between our two brands throughout 2020 with the Sip Dunkin', Save at Shell partnership, and deliver significant new rewards that fit so seamlessly into our on-the-go customers' daily routines."
DD Perks members who take advantage of this offer will earn 5 cents per gallon after every fifth beverage purchase, which, combined with the 5 cents per gallon in Fuel Rewards savings members receive with their active Gold Status, creates a total savings of 10 cents per gallon.
The 10 cents per gallon savings from this program can be stacked with other Fuel Rewards savings. Members can buy five beverages in one transaction for immediate 10 cents per gallon savings or spread the five beverages out over multiple transactions.
PDI Marketing Cloud Solutions powers and runs the Fuel Rewards program that serves more than 20 million members, and it has helped them save more than $2 billion on their fuel purchases to date. As a national coalition loyalty program, Fuel Rewards members earn rewards on everyday purchases from a variety of retailers and can redeem cents-per-gallon rewards at more than 13,000 U.S. Shell locations.
The DD Perks Rewards Program rewards guests with points toward free Dunkin' beverages for every visit they make at participating Dunkin' locations. With DD Perks, guests earn five points for every dollar they spend on qualifying purchases at Dunkin' no matter how they pay, including cash (in-store), credit, debit or an enrolled Dunkin' gift card. Once a member accrues 200 points, they receive a coupon for a free beverage of their choice, redeemable at participating Dunkin' restaurants. Throughout the year, DD Perks members also receive exclusive offers, rewards and bonus points on their favorite food and beverage purchases.
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' has more than 13,000 restaurants in 41 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group Inc. family of companies.