IRVING, Texas -- 7-Eleven Inc. has introduced 15 new heat-and-eat meals. Described by the company as “convenient, restaurant-quality meal solutions,” the grab-and-go meals feature preparations influenced by homestyle, Italian, Asian and Mexican recipes.
According to 7-Eleven, the new prepared-foods program was developed to answer the consumer call for convenient meal solutions, a demand that is increasingly being met by at-home recipe kits and restaurant delivery services.
Prepared in local kitchens and delivered daily to participating 7-Eleven convenience stores in select markets, these on-the-go options for breakfast, lunch and dinner were made available in the refrigerated case beginning Sept. 11. The meals, which vary by store and range in price from $3.99 to $4.99, can be heated at the store for immediate consumption or taken to go.
Here is what's new on the 7-Eleven menu:
- Macaroni and Cheese—cavatappi noodles coated in a blend of five cream cheeses and topped with cheddar cheese and seasoned breadcrumbs
- Homestyle Turkey Chili—homestyle chili made from ground turkey, black beans, ripe tomatoes, red bell peppers, onions and celery in an ancho chile pepper puree
- Chicken Parmesan—breaded chicken fillet on a bed of penne pasta, topped with California marinara and aged Parmesan cheese
- Creamy Chicken Alfredo—grilled white-meat chicken, with creamy Alfredo sauce and Parmesan cheese served over penne pasta
- Cheesy Tortellini—four-cheese tortellini topped with creamy Alfredo sauce and aged Parmesan cheese
- Cheese Lasagna With Meat Sauce—hand-rolled pasta filled with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, traditional Italian-style meat sauce and a blend of Italian-style cheeses
- Spaghetti Bolognese—spaghetti noodles topped with an authentic Italian-style seasoned meat sauce and shredded Parmesan cheese
- Asian-Style Beef and Broccoli Bowl—premium steak cuts on a bed of long-grain white rice, served with broccoli, roasted red peppers and a teriyaki glaze
- Beef Enchiladas With Rice—traditional hand-rolled enchiladas, filled with slow-simmered crumbled beef, smothered in a rich pasilla guajillo pepper sauce and topped with a blend of Mexican cheeses
- Chipotle Chicken Bowl—shredded chicken seasoned with crushed tomatoes and onions, served with rice, vegetables and ranchero beans, and topped with cheddar cheese
- Deluxe Verde Chicken Enchiladas With Rice—hand-rolled enchiladas stuffed with shredded chicken seasoned with poblano pepper, covered with spicy tomatillo sauce and finished with authentic queso fresco cheese
Breakfast Bowls (launching Sept. 25)
- Chipotle Steak and Egg Bowl—roasted potatoes topped with poblano queso sauce, scrambled eggs, chipotle-seasoned beef, fire-roasted peppers and onions, and shredded cheddar cheese
- Mile High Breakfast Bowl—roasted potatoes topped with poblano queso sauce, scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage crumble, diced ham, fire-roasted peppers and onions, and shredded cheddar cheese
- Early Riser Scrambler Bowl—rice topped with turkey chili, scrambled eggs, shredded cheddar cheese and pico de gallo
"With these chef-inspired entrees, 7-Eleven can provide busy individuals and families with a delicious, premium-quality, whole-meal solution in one stop," said Kelly Buckley, vice president of fresh food innovation for Irving, Texas-based 7-Eleven, which operates, franchises or licenses approximately 10,900 convenience stores in North America. "You can add a salad, beverage and dessert. The creamy mac and cheese is particularly kid-friendly and pairs well with chicken tenders and a cup of fresh-cut fruit. We want to take the hassle out of meal time with a variety of options and without giving up quality. There is something for everyone."
To introduce customers to the meals, 7-Eleven will offer coupons for a free meal for a limited time. The deals will be available on the 7-Eleven website and through digital advertising on Facebook, YouTube, TubeMogul, Pandora and TuneIn.
The locally made meals add to 7-Eleven's growing prepared-food offerings, which now stand at more than 300 items.