Latest Retailer News & Updates From CSPedia
A monthly digest from the convenience store industry's online encyclopedia
MESA, Ariz. -- The intrepid staff behind CSPedia, CSP Business Media's online encyclopedia of convenience chains, is always on the prowl to update the listings for the more than 460 retailers in its database with new insights and news. CSPedia delivers a monthly summary of these reports, often news not yet announced publicly, to its subscribers.
Here is a collection of some of the news and HR updates from December. Industry suppliers can get the complete and most recent updates by subscribing to CSPedia at www.cspedia.net.
People on the Move
- Brewer Oil Co. Alfredo Miranda has taken over all buying duties for the New Mexico chain.
- Clark Brands LLC (On the Go, Clark). Steve Symonanis has been named director of marketing. Corporate offices moved to Illinois in Oct. 2013.
- Cubby's. Delone Wilson joined the company as vice president of operations, replacing Bruce Friedlander, who is now a district supervisor. Former marketing director Bob Schulte is also a district supervisor. No replacement in marketing has been named. The chain is based in Omaha, Neb., and operates 32 stores.
- Lehigh Gas Corp. (Topper Petroleum Inc.). Dan Duffy joins as sales and marketing manager.
- U-Gas. Michelle Adams is named director of foodservice at U-Gas. Curtis Springer left the company. Adams has worked for parent company U-Gas Inc. for more than 20 years.
- United Refining Co. (Country Fair, Kwik Fill/Red Apple). Mike Tool is vice president of refining.
- Colbea Enterprises LLC. Heather Sheratt is on maternity leave. Sandra Carpini is a buyer for this Rhode Island chain with 45 Shell sites.
In the News
- New Mexico chain Brewer Oil Co., with 47 stores, has renewed its contract with McLane.
- Georgia-based Flash Foods Inc. (The Jones Co.) has deployed Simmons ClearView fuel monitoring systems in its 172 stores.
- Giant Eagle Inc. (GetGo), based in Pennsylvania with 191 stores, opens its first Market District Express store, and joins Merchant Customer Exchange (MCX) to provide mobile payment for customers.
- Kum & Go LLC adds mobile commerce with Merchant Customer Exchanging (MCX). The Iowa chain has 422 total locations.
- Illinois-based Road Ranger LLC has added a proprietary foodservice program called Dan's Famous Big Slice Pizza to more of the chain's locations. Its 71st store is under construction, to open in February. The chain uses S. Abraham & Sons as its primary wholesaler.
- Sheetz Inc. is the subject of a new book by author Kenneth Womack called "Made to Order: The Sheetz Story." The book chronicles the history of the 463-store Pennsylvania chain.
- Big D Oil Co. moved into a new headquarters in Rapid City, S.D. The company operates 28 Big D convenience stores and Big D Express lube shops in South Dakota and Wyoming.
- Russell's Convenience has been added to CSPedia. The Colorado-based chain operates stores inside the lobbies of downtown office buildings in Hawaii, Colorado and California.
- M.G. Oil Co. moved its headquarters into a new ZIP code in Rapid City, S.D. The chain operates 20 stores.
- As Pacific Convenience & Fuels LLC drops Circle K and rebrands as My Goods Market, it plans to add 50 stores to its portfolio. The California chain's website will change to http://www.mygoodsmarket.com.
- Leadership at Western Oil (Petro-Mart and Westland Travel Centers) has shuffled. Grant Eble is president, George Eble is CEO, Jeff Willilams is COO and Butch Egan is chief marketing officer. The company operates 50 stores in Illinois and Missouri.
CSPedia, which operates out of Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.-based CSP Business Media's Mesa, Ariz., office, provides detailed chain information designed to keep industry suppliers and manufacturers continuously up to date on the market.