LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. — Majors Management LLC has acquired eight convenience stores and a portfolio of dealer supply accounts from Osan Petroleum Co. Inc., Macon, Ga. The Osan portfolio further increases Majors' strong existing presence in Georgia.
“This is Majors' ninth acquisition in the last 20 months and our third acquisition of 2020. Our team is thrilled to have worked with Bob Oswald and the team at Osan to complete this transaction in under 10 weeks,” said Ben Smith, president of Majors Management. “We welcome Osan's customers to the Majors family, and we are always pleased to expand our presence in our home state of Georgia.”
Marvin Hewatt, the founder and CEO of Majors Management, said, “The addition of these sites to Majors' network is further evidence of our ability to close transactions quickly, efficiently and without disruption to the underlying businesses.”
Other recent acquisitions include:
- In October, Majors Management acquired the retail fuel distribution business of Regal Oil Inc., adding 14 convenience stores and additional dealer supply contracts to the company’s supply network.
- In February, Majors Management acquired the retail fuel distribution business of The McPherson Cos., adding nearly 200 retail fuel supply contracts.
- In October 2019, the company purchased 18 c-stores in Georgia and four open dealer accounts from McDonald Oil Co., LaGrange, Ga.
- In August 2019, Majors acquired 17 stores and the branded Chevron distribution business from Bowden Oil Co., Sylacauga, Ala. It is rebranding those sites to its Hop-In c-store brand.
- In 2019, Majors Management purchased retail fuel supply contracts and nine c-stores in Texas from Allsup’s Convenience Stores Inc., Clovis, N.M., ahead of the chain’s sale to Yesway.
- The company said it is committed to growth, and it anticipates closing on several additional acquisitions in 2021.
PetroActive Real Estate Services LLC provided exclusive advisory services for Osan Petroleum. “We sincerely appreciate the opportunity afforded by Bob Oswald and his family to allow my firm to represent them and help facilitate a successful outcome. Finalizing this transaction before the end of the year is a testament to the commitment and professionalism of both the Osan and Majors teams, working to overcome obstacles in a dedicated win-win fashion,” said Mark Radosevich, president of Miami-based PetroActive.
Majors Management, with headquarters in Lawrenceville, Ga., develops, services and supports leased retail convenience-store and gas-station properties, and it distributes branded motor fuels. The company supplies fuel to more than 700 c-stores and partners with petroleum brands including Shell, Chevron, Texaco, Exxon, Mobil, Phillips, 76, Sunoco, Valero, CITGO and Alon. Its markets include Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Mississippi, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.