OAK BROOK, Ill.-- So far this year, 18 states have proposed tobacco-related tax increases. This has led to much talk but not much action--except on the East Coast, where two states passed increases, and one, in an unprecedented move, even passed a decrease, leaving many to speculate about cross-border activity.
The Special CSP-NATO Guide to Tobacco Taxes offers details and maps showing:
- State Cigarette Excise Tax Rates
- State Excise Tax on Large Cigars
- State Excise Tax on Smoking Tobacco & Papers
- State Excise Taxes on Little Cigars
- State Excise Taxes on Smokeless Tobacco
To view the full story and maps, click here or see the October 2011 issue of CSP magazine.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a CSP member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.