The NACS Show® educational-sessions listing was provided courtesy of NACS and is current as of Sept. 18. The most complete listing, including session descriptions, speakers and updates, can be found at nacsshow.com.
Tuesday, Oct. 17
- Coming Up With a Killer Food Idea, and Convincing People to Try It
- Convergence on Convenience: Maintaining Our Ownership of Convenience at a Time When Every Retailer Is Striving to be More Convenient
- Did You Hear? Make Sure Employees Get the Right Message
- Getting People From the Pump Into the Store
- Looking for Top Talent—Is It Your Uber Driver?
- Navigating Culture in Organizations Growing Through Acquisition
- Where Is the Industry Going and What Does It Mean for the Small Retailer?
- Breaking the Speed Limit on Your Customer Experience
- Building and Retaining a Winning Team
- Capitalize on the Opportunity the Electric-Vehicle Market Is Bringing to the Industry
- Deliver, Develop and Delight in Times of Change
- Legacy Planning—It’s Business and It’s Personal
- Moving (Transitioning) Your Workforce to a Foodservice Culture
- Protect Yourself From Data Breaches
- Solving Complex Business Problems With Project Management and Cross-Functional Teaming
- Surviving in a Regulatory Gray Area
- Getting the Most Out of Every Day: Secrets for Better Time Management
- How Online Ratings and Reviews Trump Mystery-Shop Data
- Right-Size Lending: How to Attract the Bank of Your Dreams
- Software Testing … Is That Really My Responsibility?
- Applying Basket-Level Shopper Insights to Drive Sales: Success Stories From Anheuser-Busch, RaceTrac and Argo Tea
- What Are You Doing? Pop-Up Panel Discussion
- What Do the New SNAP Retailer Eligibility Rules Mean for Retailers and Their Suppliers?
- When to Outsource, and When to Do It In-House
- General session: Eric Chester
Wednesday, Oct. 18
- Automating Your Hiring and Onboarding
- Fuel Prices: Causes and Consequences
- Leadership for Success: Part 1
- Making the Gig Economy Work for You: Attract, Incent and Retain Gig Employees in the Age of Uber
- Powerful Conversations That Drive Business Results
- Super Star Recruits: The Art of Attraction
- Workforce Management: Are You One Click Away From Operational Efficiencies?
- Food-Safety Focus Keeps Tweets Sweet NOT Sour
- It’s Time to Mobilize Your Workforce and Use Technology to Increase Operations Efficiency
- Leadership for Success: Part 2
- Superstar Employees: Getting Them to Stick Around
- Taking It to the Streets: Using Your Organization’s Size and Strength to Advocate for Your Business
- The ABCs of Self-Distribution
- What Does a Trump Administration Mean to the Industry?
- General session: Chip Conley
11:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 19
- Beware Shiny Objects!
- Build Muscle, Lose Fat
- Going Hyperlocal
- How to Successfully Integrate Store Acquisitions
- Protecting Your Fuel Business Investment
- Strategizing Under Uncertainty
- Tech Tips to Build, Manage and Measure Your Foodservice Business
- Thinking Strategically About Advertising
- Convenience Matters LIVE
- Creating and Executing a Brand Strategy Without Breaking the Bank
- Sticking It to the Local Man: All Politics Is Local
- Taming Your Lizard Brain: From Reactive Resistance to Calm and Control
- What’s Happened? What’s New? What’s Coming? Leveraging Data-Security Technology
- What’s My Exposure? A Strategic Approach to Identifying and Assessing Business Risks
- Women’s Networking Forum
- Ways to Give Back to Your Community
- General session: Henry Armour and Ideas 2 Go
11:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 20
- General session: William Shatner
9 a.m.-1:30 p.m.