7-Eleven Mexico has implemented a category management SaaS solution from Blue Yonder to address a gap in its retail operations and gain the ability to create planograms, according to the technology firm. The result has been a better consumer shopping experience and minimizing out-of-stock products, Blue Yonder said. The project was implemented by Goldco, a Blue Yonder partner.
“We were seeking a solution that would allow us to align our commercial strategy, space management and product availability,” said Gabriel Aranda, revenue manager, 7-Eleven Mexico. “Blue Yonder’s category management solution offers us the ability to integrate its capabilities into our strategic, tactic and operational processes, allowing us to communicate information and strategy effectively and efficiently throughout the organization.”
According to Blue Yonder, its software-as-a-service solution has allowed 7-Eleven Mexico to:
- Operate a modern, structured category management process, allowing 7-Eleven Mexico to move from strategy to execution, leveraging advanced analytics capabilities much quicker.
- Allocate space strategically through data and analytics, improving the customer shopping experience by localizing assortment to a store level.
- Provide each store with specific assortment and shelf placement to efficiently operate with a localized assortment to better serve its shoppers.
- Gain better control over the master planogram, which means fewer stockouts, improving the health of the business and allowing staff to implement changes quickly.
- Streamline its planograming capabilities and increase its analytic timeline for each category.
“As a Blue Yonder consolidated partner and expert in category management strategy, we were excited to be part of this project,” said Jorge Mosqueda, practice director, Goldco.
Mexico City-based 7-Eleven Mexico is part of the largest convenience-store chain in the world. It has 1 million daily customers, 14,000 employees, with a presence in 13 states in Mexico. The company was looking to automate and improve its category management capabilities from manual processes.
Scottdale, Arizona-based Blue Yonder is a supplier of digital supply-chain transformations and omnichannel commerce fulfillment.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a CSP member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.