7-Eleven Debuts 7-Select GO!Smart Private-Label Banner
Snack bars first of new line, designated specifically for "better-for-you" category
DALLAS -- 7-Eleven Inc. has introduced two premium, better-for-you snack bars under a new private-label banner, 7-Select GO!Smart.
With fewer than 200 calories each, the yogurt-drizzled fruit and nut bars are available in two varieties--Cranberry Cashew and Pistachio and Mixed Berries. The GO!Smart bars are available exclusively at participating 7-Eleven stores for a suggested retail price of $1.79.
GO!Smart is part of 7-Eleven's growing 7-Select family of private-brand offerings and the first designated specifically for the better-for-you category. The gluten-free, low-sodium snack bars carry a simpler, all-natural ingredient list with organic sweeteners like agave and brown rice syrups. These natural sweeteners have a lower glycemic index than sugar. New packaging features a transparent window so shoppers can see the natural ingredients.
"We started from scratch," said Sean Thompson, 7-Eleven senior director for private brand, "and developed bars that offer health benefits and taste great, too.
"In discussions and development for more than a year, the two varieties of GO!Smart bars are made in small batches from recipes created especially for 7-Eleven," he said. "Besides those listed in the bar's name, ingredients include whole grain, crisp brown rice, flax seed, raisins, roasted peanuts, sunflower oil, sea salt, a yogurt-flavored coating and natural flavors."
Besides its new GO!Smart yogurt-drizzled fruit and nut bars, participating 7-Eleven stores offer many exclusive items to help customers stick with "get-healthy" New Years resolutions:
- Fresh Fruit. For a limited time, a 4-ounce cup of fresh-cut fruit is $1 with any fresh-food purchase.
- Chicken Balsamic Salad. Made fresh with mixed greens, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, grilled chicken, croutons and balsamic vinaigrette, this salad, with dressing, has 8 grams of protein and 170 calories.
- Orange Creme Slurpee Lite Drink. Even a Slurpee beverage can be enjoyed in moderation, or more often when choosing Slurpee Lite varieties. Orange Creme is available for a limited time at participating stores.
- 7-Select 2% Reduced-Fat, Single-Serve Chocolate Milk. All natural, without artificial growth hormones, colors or flavors; 14 ounces.
- Organic Valley Organic Fuel. The first milk-protein recovery shake made from real, organic milk. Available in vanilla and chocolate varieties, this organic milk protein shake comes in single-serve bottles. Look for it at participating stores in early February.
- Breakfast Sandwiches. 7-Eleven offers two varieties under 400 calories--Sausage Biscuit and English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich.
- Guatemala Santa Rosa Fresh-Brewed Coffee. Coffee appears on some lists of foods and drinks to have when trying to lose weight, the retailer said. This gourmet coffee is made from 100% Arabica beans grown inside a volcanic crater.
Based in Dallas, 7-Eleven operates franchises or licenses more than 10,400 7-Eleven convenience stores in North America. Globally, there are more than 54,600 7-Eleven c-stores in 16 countries. During 2013, 7-Eleven c-stores generated total worldwide sales close to $84.5 billion.