Frito-Lay Phoenix Sales Team Honored as 'Zone of Year'
Demonstrated outstanding performance in sales, profitability, safety, employee retention
PLANO, Texas -- Frito-Lay North America's Phoenix sales team has been honored with this year's Dale Stortz Award for being the Zone of the Year for 2011. The 168-member team was recognized by Frito-Lay senior executive leadership at a special ceremony in Phoenix.
The Dale Stortz Award, named for one of Frito-Lay's most respected sales leaders, is awarded annually to the team that demonstrates the most outstanding performance in sales, profitability, safety and employee retention. The Phoenix Zone was selected from the 135 sales zones nationwide to win this prestigious honor. The zone encompasses Tempe, Chandler, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Apache Junction, Payson, Globe and Superior.
"The team is honored to be chosen out of all the zones nationwide to win the Dale Stortz Award," said Jeff Goll, Phoenix Zone sales leader. "This recognition is a direct result of their dedication to outstanding performance and recognizes the high level of engagement and the quality work they put in each day."
In other company news, Frito-Lay has announced the winners of its spring 2012 "Score for Your School" promotion that allowed consumers throughout the state of Texas to help raise funds for their high school sports programs. It awarded a total of $90,000 in prize money to 18 schools from around the state--three from each of Texas' six divisional classes. Six of the winning schools each earned the promotion's top prize amount of $10,000.
Thousands of fans entered a nine-digit product code from their favorite Frito-Lay snacks on the www.scoreforyourschool.com website to earn points for the high school of their choice. The promotion grouped each school according to its listing in Texas' six divisional classes (5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A and Private). It awarded first-place ($10,000), second-place ($4,000) and third-place ($1,000) prizes to the top-three schools in each division that collected the most points from their fans.
The complete list of spring 2012 Score for Your School winners includes:
- Division 1A: Trenton HS, Trenton ($10,000); Blue Ridge HS, Blue Ridge ($4,000); Celeste HS, Celeste ($1,000).
- Division 2A: Clifton HS, Clifton ($10,000); Leonard HS, Leonard ($4,000); Gunter HS, Gunter ($1,000).
- Division 3A: Falfurrias HS, Falfurrias ($10,000); Rio Grande City CISD Grulla HS, Rio Grande ($4,000); Navasota HS, Navasota ($1,000).
- Division 4A: Rio Grande City HS, Rio Grande City ($10,000); San Marcos HS, San Marcos ($4,000); Lyndon B. Johnson HS, Laredo ($1,000).
- Division 5A: United HS, Laredo (10,000); Edinburg HS, Edinburg ($4,000); Channelview HS, Channelview ($1,000).
- Private: Lake Country Christian School, Fort Worth ($10,000); San Marcos Baptist Academy, San Marcos ($4,000); Tyler Street Christian Academy HS, Dallas ($1,000).
Frito-Lay representatives will travel across the state to present checks to the winning schools.
Frito-Lay North America is the $13 billion convenient foods business unit of PepsiCo, which is based in Purchase, N.Y. PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. PepsiCo's main businesses are Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola.