LAS VEGAS -- NACS named its new executive committee and retail board members at the 2018 NACS Show, held from Oct. 7-10 in Las Vegas. The convenience-store association named Frank Gleeson, president of Aramark Northern Europe, as its chairman for 2018-2019, the first to be based in Europe. He succeeds Joe Sheetz, president and CEO of Sheetz Inc., Altoona, Pa.
Gleeson joined Aramark in 2014 as managing director of food services for Ireland, and in 2016, he became COO of its northern Europe group. Prior to Aramark, he served as vice president of retail for Statoil Ireland. In 2005, he became the retail director for Topaz Energy Group, where he led a team responsible for the successful development and rollout of the Topaz brand, an integration of Shell and Statoil service stations, and was responsible for the retail business consisting of more than 340 sites.
As NACS chairman, Gleeson also leads the NACS executive committee. The retail members of the NACS executive committee provide strategic direction and financial oversight to the association.
Newly elected committee members are:
- Vice chairman, treasurer: Julie Jackowski, Casey’s General Stores Inc., Ankeny, Iowa
- Vice chairman, legislative: Kevin Smartt, Kwik Chek Food Stores Inc., Austin, Texas
- Vice chairman, member services: Jared Scheeler, The Hub Convenience Stores Inc., Dickinson, N.D.
- Vice chairman, convention: Richard Parry, Aloha Petroleum Ltd., Honolulu
- Vice chairman, research: Andy Jones, Sprint Food Stores Inc., Wrens, Ga.
- Vice chairman: Don Rhoads, The Convenience Group LLC, Vancouver, Wash.
- Vice chairman: Ari Haseotes, Cumberland Farms Inc., Westborough, Mass.
- Vice chairman, political engagement: Joe Sheetz, Sheetz Inc., Altoona, Pa.
Previous NACS Chairman Rahim Budhwani of 6040 LLC, Birmingham, Ala., also will serve on the NACS executive committee.
A member-driven organization, NACS is led by a 30-member board of directors, which includes three retailers from non-North American countries. In addition, the chairman and chairman-elect of the NACS supplier board also serve on the board.
NACS also named two new retail members to its board:
- Anne Gauthier, St. Romain Oil Co. LLC, Mansura, La.
- Nick Lacaillade, Certified Oil Co., Columbus, Ohio
Founded in 1961 as the National Association of Convenience Stores, Alexandria, Va.-based NACS has 2,100 retailer and 1,750 supplier members from more than 50 countries.
Photograph by CSP Staff