IRVING, Texas —7-Eleven Inc. has debuted nearly 100 new food and beverage products in 125 stores in Los Angeles as part of its new "Sips & Snacks That Love You Back" campaign. The launch features items from 31 up-and-coming brands that feature keto, paleo, vegan, organic, gluten-free and plant-based and other healthy attributes. These new products can be found on end-aisle displays and inside the open-air cold cases in 7-Eleven stores.
"When our emerging brands team created this unique product assortment in collaboration with our category managers, the goal was to give customers drinks and snacks that they might not expect to find at a 7-Eleven store," said Chris Harkness, vice president of new business development for Irving, Texas-based 7-Eleven. "Customers are demanding healthier options, and we know LA customers are leading the country in health and wellness trends, always willing to try the newest and most innovative products and services. In the past, 7-Eleven's LA stores have shown great success with food and beverages on the leading edge of these trends."
The product rollout follows 7-Eleven’s recent Next Up event, which gave emerging brands the opportunity to showcase its products in hopes of getting them on 7-Eleven’s shelves. More than 300 brands applied to participate in the event, and 7-Eleven accepted 70 to do so. Among those, 7-Eleven chose 31 brands for its test launch in Los Angeles. The new product lineup is for “power snackers, restricted-diet followers and anyone looking for ways to incorporate more functional, better-for-you sips and snacks to keep them fueled while on the go,” 7-Eleven said.
"We don't want small and emerging vendors to be intimidated by 7-Eleven's size," Harkness said. "7-Eleven is always on the lookout for innovative companies who have a fresh take on a product, a healthier alternative or a unique flavor that might become the next big food trend. We are eager to see how these brands perform on our shelves and look forward to hearing directly from customers about these new items in the assortment."
Here are the 31 brands by category:
- Brew Dr. Kombucha: 100% organic and raw kombucha crafted with loose-leaf teas and blended with herbs, fruits and other botanicals.
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water: Organic coconut-based beverages.
- Kabaki Kenyan Purple Tea: A purple tea that is high in antioxidants and grown in the high elevations of Mount Kenya.
- Koia: 100% plant-based, dairy free, soy-free and non-GMO protein beverages. Each bottle contains 18 grams of protein and 4 grams of sugar.
- Roar Organic: A line of organic electrolyte infusions with antioxidants, B vitamins, unique flavor combinations and 2 grams of sugar per serving.
- Slingshot Rise Breakfast Drink: High-protein, probiotic drinkable yogurt with a crunchy shot of chia, almonds and oats.
- Soylent: A grab-and-go meal with 20 grams of plant protein and 36 essential nutrients in a ready-to-drink beverage.
- Spindrift Sparkling Water: Sparkling water made with real squeezed fruit. The beverage is non-GMO and gluten-free, and it has no calories or sweeteners.
- Tio Gazpacho: A line of ready-to-drink vegetable-based soups.
- Bobo's Oat Bars: Fresh-baked meal replacement bars that are gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan, kosher and soy-free.
- Fishpeople Jerky: Sustainable salmon jerky with 24 grams of protein and 900 milligrams of omega-3s per bag.
- Kalahari Biltong: Keto and paleo meat snacks that are air-dried, thinly sliced and made with six simple ingredients.
- Ka-Pop Snacks: Ancient Grain Popped Chips that are vegan, gluten free, non-GMO and free of the top 12 allergens.
- Kize Bars: Snack bars made with real-food ingredients. They are gluten free, non-GMO, nut-butter based and high in protein. Ten percent of each purchase helps feed those in need.
- Love Corn: Premium crunchy corn snacks that are vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO.
- Nick's Sticks: 100% grass-fed beef and free-range turkey meat snacks that are paleo and keto.
- Peatos: Crunchy pea snacks with "junk food" taste and plant-based ingredients.
- Perfect Bar: A refrigerated nut-butter protein bar that has up to 17 grams of protein per bar.
- Quinn Snacks: Popcorn kernel snacks made with whole grain flours. The snacks are gluten-free, non-GMO and soy-, dairy- and corn- free.
- Shroom Crisps: Crispy mushroom snacks that are available in a variety of flavors.
- Siete Family Foods: Grain-free tortilla chips that are available in Nacho, Ranch and Fuego flavors. The chips are gluten- and dairy-free, paleo, vegan and non-GMO.
- Snacklins: Crunchy chips made from mushroom, onion and yuca. Each bag contains 80 calories.
- The Toasted Oat: Soft-baked granola crafted from healthy ingredients for a fresh cookie taste.
- BrainJuice: A brain supplement shot meant to boost focus, memory and mood without the jitters or crash of traditional energy shots.
- Kor Shots: Refrigerated raw wellness shots that contain no water or sugar. These shots are USDA-certified organic.
- Strike Force Energy: A clear liquid beverage enhancer that is sugar- and calorie-free with 160 milligrams of caffeine and 100% B vitamins. The shots are designed to be mixed with any 16- to 20-ounce beverage.
- Buff Bake: Protein-packed crunch cookies with nut-butter filling sandwiched between them. Each cookie contains 12 grams of protein and is gluten-free and non-GMO.
- Clio Bars: Dark chocolate-wrapped Greek yogurt bars. Each bar has 9 grams of protein, probiotics and less than 150 calories.
- Cocomels: Coconut milk caramels that are dairy-free, plant-based and non-GMO.
- Dave's Sweet Tooth Toffee: Handmade, small-batch toffee that doesn't stick to your teeth.
- Smashcrispy: Marshmallow rice treats from snackable marshmallow brand Smashmallow. These treats are made with organic cane sugar and natural ingredients.