The National Restaurant Association Show announced the recipients of the 2023 Food and Beverage (FABI) Awards Wednesday, naming a record-breaking 42 products as winners.
Awardees were selected for their taste, uniqueness, appeal to the operator community and innovative approach to meeting operator challenges. The winners reflected and advanced some of the major trends impacting menus, including plant-based proteins, zero-proof wine and spirits, global cuisines, flavor complexity and veggie-forward menu items.
Each FABI entry was sampled and evaluated by an independent panel of judges from across the foodservice industry. New this year, the judges singled out eight awardees as FABI Favorites—the most groundbreaking and influential of the products submitted.
- Brown Sugar Instant Boba Kit from Boba Bam
- Plant-Based Tuna Filet from Current Foods
- Propellant-free Nonstick Cooking Spray from La Tourangelle
- V’DGZ Corn R’Bz, vegetable appetizers from McCain Foods
- Classic Cutlet made with mushroom root from Meati
- Nounos whole-milk Greek Yogurt from Nounos Creamery LLC
- Spring in a Bottle alcohol-free sparkling rose from Wolffer Estate Vineyard
- Yo Plant-Based Sunny-Side Up Egg from Yo Foods
“I’m honored to have been part of the selection process and excited for the foodservice community to get a taste of the judges’ top picks, with the new FABI Favorites category,” said Chef Marion Gibson, director of culinary innovation at Philadelphia-based Aramark and a FABI judge.
Gibson added, “All the 2023 FABI awardees are prime examples of the delicious creativity and innovation that drives the industry forward.”
Here is a complete list of the remaining FABI winners:
- Mongolian Plant-Based Steak, Alchemeat
- Plant-Based Pepperoni, Before the Butcher
- Beyond Steak, Beyond Meat
- Briette brie cheese, Champignon North America Inc.
- Simply Mixology, The Coca-Cola Co.
- Italian 4 Cheese Style Blend Shreds, Daiya Foods Inc.
- EQUII High Protein Bake Mix, EQUII Foods
- HealthSavor Organic Miso Mustard, Great Eastern Sun
- Impossible Fully Cooked Burger Patty, Impossible Foods
- Mini Mashers, McCain Foods
- Unsweetened Barista Milk, Milkadamia
- Pourable Plant Milk Mozzarella, Miyoko’s Creamery
- Vegan Boneless Chicken Wings, Myrtle Greens
- Vegan Kung Pao Chicken Steamed Dumplings, Myrtle Greens
- Plantspired Korean BBQ Steak, Nasoya
- Bakeable Cajun Breaded Plant-Based New Wave Shrimp, New Wave Foods
- Oatly Soft Serve, Oatly
- Grill House Burger, Ocean Beauty Seafoods
- Cold Brew with Chocolate Liqueur
- Organic Mixology
- Regal Harvest Smoked Basmati Rice, Pari Foods Inc.
- Cream Cheese Spread, Perfect Day Inc.
- Sabatino Tartufi Truffle & Honey, Sabatino Truffles
- No-Soy Sauce, Sempio Foods Co.
- Organic Gochujang, Sempio Foods Co.
- Premium Mason Jar Desserts, Taste It Presents
- Grab & Go Blueberry Parfait Popper Hyper-Chilled Fresh in Yogurt & Granola, Tru Fru LLC
- Grab & Go Raspberry Parfait Popper Hyper-Chilled Fresh in Yogurt & Granola, Tru Fru LLC
- Grab & Go Strawberry Parfait Popper Hyper-Chilled Fresh in Yogurt & Granola, Tru Fru LLC
- Hillshire Farm Fully Cooked Carved Pork Belly, Tyson Foods
- Plant-Based Korean BBQ, UNLIMEAT
- 2 oz. Frittatas, Veggies Made Great
- B’Lure Butterfly Pea Flower Extract, Wild Hibiscus Flower Co.
- Cutting Vedge Veggie Forward Meatballs, World Finer Foods
- Yo Plant-Based Poached Egg, Yo Foods Inc.
FABI Awardees will receive industry-wide exposure during the National Restaurant Association Show, taking place May 20-23 at McCormick Place in Chicago, with attendees invited to taste the products.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a CSP member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.