Through a trademark filing with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office last October, Casey’s General Stores Inc. became “The Official Pizza and Beer Headquarters.” Now the convenience-store retailer, the fifth-largest pizza chain and fourth-largest holder of liquor licenses in the United States, is launching a search for someone to fill its newest role: chief pizza and beer officer.
“This prestigious and mouth-watering position will serve as the utmost authority on sampling, researching and pairing Casey’s pizzas with the best beer combinations. Ideal applicants will have a high motivation to eat tasty pizza and responsibly drink ice-cold beer,” Ankeny, Iowa-based Casey’s, which has more than 2,500 locations in 17 Midwestern states, said in making the announcement.
To help Casey’s find the candidate, the company is partnering with former Chicago Bears’ defensive lineman and internet personality Anthony “Spice” Adams. He will leverage his social influence to promote the application process and consult with Casey’s on selecting the chief pizza and beer officer, the company said.
A few of the “CPBO” job requirements include:
- Be a proven professional: Someone who loves to eat Casey’s pizza and drink beer.
- Have pizza stamina: Be strong enough to continue eating pizza even when they have eaten it every day for a month.
- Have task prioritization and goal achievement: Finding and creating the best possible pizza and beer combinations for customers.
- Have leadership skills: Lead a team of one of highly motivated pizza and beer lovers.
- Be a beacon of integrity: Be willing to undergo a background check.
- Be of legal age: The executive must consume beer responsibly, so the person will need to be at least 25 years old.
- Reside somewhere in Casey’s geographic footprint: Live within the chain’s 17-state footprint across the Midwest and South.
Application for the position will be open Jan. 10 through Jan. 24, 2024.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a CSP member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.