IRVING, Texas — 7-Eleven Inc. has added order-ahead and pickup options to the 7Now delivery app to minimize time customers spend in stores.
- Irving, Texas-based 7-Eleven is No. 1 on CSP’s 2020 Top 202 list of company owned and operated stores by store count.
"As people struggle to adapt to new routines in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, 7-Eleven is committed to helping customers get what they need—when, where and how they need it," said 7-Eleven Chief Operating Officer Chris Tanco. "The new pickup option on our 7Now delivery app is an example of how we're meeting customer's needs to be in and out of stores quickly with minimal touchpoints and increased physical distancing, while also making life a little easier."
With instant access to thousands of items through the 7Now app, customers can place a pickup order on the app at a participating neighborhood 7-Eleven store, walk in, bypass the line, and retrieve their order during the "order ready" time specified on the app. Customers can order groceries, hot and cold foods, alcohol, household items, pantry needs, over-the-counter medicines, Slurpee and Big Gulp drinks, too.
The app includes a few new steps to activate pickup options:
- Download the 7Now app via the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Enter location in the top left corner, then select "Pickup" instead of delivery.
- Add items to the cart and pay in the app to complete the purchase.
- Track the entire order process as it is picked, packed and ready for pickup.
- Head to the store, show the nearest store associate the four-digit code on the 7Now app and grab the items.
7-Eleven is also doubling its delivery footprint to ensure more customers can access delivery and pickup. Both experiences will soon be available to 60 million households in more than 1,300 cities across nearly 2,000 stores.
As the world continues to reconfigure everyday life in response to the pandemic, 7-Eleven has enhanced its standards and procedures for hygiene, handwashing, sanitation, food handling and preparation in stores, including increased frequency of cleaning high-touch surfaces. The company is encouraging its corporate store associates to wear masks and gloves when serving customers and asking its independent franchise owners to do the same in their stores. Customers now have access to disposable gloves, tissues and sanitizer stations while shopping in stores.
Irving, Texas-based 7-Eleven Inc. is the largest c-store chain in the United States, with more than 9,300 locations.