WESTBOROUGH, Mass. — Cumberland Farms has released the Cumberland Farms app, the next evolution of its SmartPay Check-Link program. It has also introduced a Coffee “Cup-Scription” program.
The new app gives users two payment options:
- SmartPay Check-Link: Linked to a checking account or Netspend account, which saves users 10 cents a gallon every day.
- Prepaid Account: Linked to a credit or debit card, which saves users 10 cents a gallon for their first 30 days of enrollment.
"We're excited to introduce the new Cumberland Farms App that offers gas savings, two mobile payment options, as well as rewards and many other benefits," said Gwen Forman, senior vice president of marketing for Cumberland Farms. "Our innovative Coffee Cup-Scription program offers both value and convenience and is sure to be a game changer."
The Cumberland Farms app is free to download on the Apple App Store or Google Play. It connects customers to a variety of features, including:
- Coffee Cup-Scription: For $25 a month, customers may receive up to two cups of coffee every day, including the brand’s Farmhouse Blend and Bold hot and iced coffee. In addition to coffee, hot chocolate, hot tea, regular cappuccino and new Mocha Frozen Cold Brew are included. App users' SmartPay or prepaid accounts will automatically be charged with the $25 monthly Cup-Scription fee.
- Gallon Rewards: Customers receive a free coffee, Chill Zone beverage, half-liter bottle of water or slice of cheese or pepperoni pizza for every 60 gallons of gas purchased with the app.
- Flash Sales: Members can earn extra cents off per gallon, as well as other savings throughout the year.
- Birthday Treat: Customers receive a free surprise on their birthday.
- Clubs: In addition to the Breakfast Sandwich and Pizza Clubs, the new app now includes a Chill Zone and Lunch Sandwich Club, which allows customers to earn their way to free menu items for every 10th item purchased.
Westborough, Mass.-based Cumberland Farms is known for its Farmhouse Blend coffee, Chill Zone and Hyperfreeze beverages and SmartPay fuel rewards program. The chain ranked No. 15 in the Top 40 update of CSP’s 2018 Top 202 ranking of c-store chains by number of retail outlets.