We all know a clean store makes a difference. In fact, the 2013 Convenience Store Survey, conducted by the Boston Consulting Group, reports that the highest rated differentiator is overall cleanliness of the store. However, did you know that using the right surface disinfecting and sanitizing products plays an important role in not only the cleanliness of your store, but also the health of your employees and guests?
Selecting the Right Products
With so many surface disinfecting and sanitizing options out there, how do you select the right one for your store? The following are key questions to ask when determining what product is right for your store.
- What is the specific disinfection time of the product?
- Will the surface remain wet long enough to properly disinfect the surface?
- How long does it take to kill important foodborne illnesses such as norovirus, salmonella and E. coli?
- What is the safety profile of the product?
- Are there any precautionary statements?
- Is the product formulated for food-contact surfaces?
- Can the product safely be used on both hard and soft surfaces?
- Is hand-washing required after using this product?
- Does the product contain harsh fumes that might irritate employees and guests?
- Has the product earned EPA’s Design for the Environment (DfE) certification?
- What ingredients are in the product?
While this may seem like many questions to consider, the answers to them will help you determine if you are selecting products that deliver on the combination of strong efficacy, safety and sustainability. The good news is there are new technologies available that can meet these standards today.
The new Purell Surface Disinfecting and Sanitizing Products are just one example. The patented formulation kills norovirus, E. coli and salmonella in 30 seconds, has no harsh chemical fumes, does not require rinsing food-contact surfaces and has earned the EPA’s Design for the Environment certification.
Learn more at www.purellsurface.com.
This post is sponsored by GOJO/Purell