PURCHASE, N.Y. — Pepsi has launched the Pepsi S’mores Collection, three flavors in 7.5-ounce cans:
- Toasty Marshmallow: A marshmallow base with layers of toasted notes to mimic a light fireside flavor.
- Graham Cracker: Infused with notes of honey and cinnamon for a balanced graham cracker flavor profile.
- Chocolate: Dominant notes of cocoa throughout, with slight hints of vanilla for an extra creamy sweetness, mimicking a slightly melted chocolate flavor.
“Once a treat typically confined to summer campfires, s’mores have become a cultural phenomenon,” Purchase, N.Y.-based Pepsi said. “With the sweet taste of gooey marshmallows and rich layers of decadent chocolate, all placed in between crunchy graham crackers, Americans can’t get enough of the indulgent treat, so much so that demand for the classic dessert has cemented s’mores as a top food trend in 2022,” according to the National Confectioners Association (NCA).
Pepsi is encouraging mixing the flavors and offers the following recipes:
- The Classic: Start with a cold glass, add one-third Graham Cracker, one-third Chocolate and one-third Toasty Marshmallow. “Everyone’s favorite for a reason,” Pepsi said. “Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.”
- Marshmallow (is for) Lovers: Start with a cold glass, add one-half Toasty Marshmallow, one-quarter Graham Cracker and one-quarter Chocolate. “The extra layers of toasty marshmallows feel like a decadent sweet cloud hitting your tastebuds.”
- For the Graham: Start with a cold glass, add one-half Graham Cracker base, one-quarter Chocolate, one-quarter Toasty Marshmallow and top with an extra splash of Graham Cracker. “The notes of honey and cinnamon create the staple ingredient in any s’more creation.”
- The Chocolate Connoisseur: Start with a cold glass, add two-thirds Chocolate, one-third Toasty Marshmallow and a splash of Graham Cracker. “Sit back and revel in all that chocolaty goodness, marveling at this chocolaty s’more creation.”
“S’mores is one of the most unapologetically delicious treats that everyone likes to enjoy in a different way,” said Todd Kaplan, chief marketing officer at Pepsi. “We at Pepsi are thrilled to introduce an entirely new way to s’more with our Pepsi S’mores Collection. This newest drop allows fans to construct their own s’mores to their liking—with the perfect amounts of graham, marshmallow, and chocolate—in a deliciously indulgent drink without any of the mess.”
In addition, Pepsi is holding a contest where 2,000 entrants will win a set of the cans. To enter, entrants must share an image or description of “how they s’more” on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtags #PepsiSmores and #Sweepstakes and follow @Pepsi for a chance to win.
PepsiCo., Purchase, N.Y., makes brands including bubly, Gatorade, Pepsi, Lipton, Mtn Dew, Propel, Quaker, Frito-Lay and more.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a CSP member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.