SPICEWOOD, Texas — TXB, the convenience-store chain formerly known as Kwik Chek, has a number of fresh Mexican items on its menu including new tacos, quesadillas and sides.
Joining the taco menu:
- Brisket taco: Smoked brisket with cheddar jack cheese and pickled onions, topped with TXB southwest sauce on a grilled flour tortilla.
- Shrimp taco: Fried shrimp with shredded slaw, pico de gallo and pickled onions, topped with TXB jalapeno ranch on a grilled corn tortilla.
- Chicken tender taco: TXB’s hand-breaded chicken tender topped with shredded slaw, cheddar jack cheese and pico de gallo, finished with TXB jalapeno ranch on a grilled flour tortilla.
In addition, TXB is testing new sides as complements to the chicken tenders and hand-crafted tacos:
- Scorpion bites: Slices of jalapeno breaded, fried and served with jalapeno ranch.
- Habanero con queso with chips: TXB’s version of chips and queso, with a kick.
- Potato bites: Bite-sized, roasted, fried, seasoned and smashed baby potatoes.
These new products come on the heels of two TXB/Kwik Chek LTO quesadillas in March: a chorizo egg and cheese for breakfast and a buffalo chicken mac and cheese for lunch.
Spicewood, Texas-based TXB/Kwik Chek is in the midst of rebranding to TXB (Texas Born), a change it announced last year to emphasize the Texas roots and values upon which the brand was built.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a CSP member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.