DES MOINES, Iowa — Kum & Go LC has selected Myplanet to further modernize its digital architecture and enhance the customer experience. The multi-year agreement includes Myplanet's Composable.com Mobile Commerce Accelerator for touchless fueling, fresh food, rewards and offers.
"With Composable, we'll be able to accelerate our speed to market, improve the quality of our customer experience and quickly integrate other best-in-class commerce technologies to bring the store to our customers—all without sacrificing the ability to build something uniquely Kum & Go," said Ryan Lindsley, vice president of marketing and digital strategy for Kum & Go, Des Moines, Iowa.
- Kum & Go is No. 18 on the CSP 2022 Top 202 ranking of company owned and operated convenience stores by store count.
New or improved capabilities will include:
- Easier to use customer experience with a refreshed look and feel, aligned to the Kum & Go brand.
- Enhanced loyalty program, with more ways for customers to earn and redeem rewards.
- More ways to pay, with support for a variety of payment methods and digital wallets.
- Greater flexibility and control over the mobile experience and digital platform.
"At Kum & Go, we're rethinking the whole convenience experience, which includes creating more convenient ways for our customers to connect and engage with the brand," said Levon Hooks, chief information officer at Kum & Go.
Kum & Go expects to implement this transformation on web and mobile platforms by later this year.
Toronto-based Myplanet specializes in headless commerce, customer data and retail data platforms. Myplanet has built capabilities in data-driven design, AI implementation and personalization.
Established in Hampton, Iowa in 1959, Kum & Go is a fourth-generation, family-owned convenience-store chain with more than 400 locations. Kum & Go plans to hire more than 5,000 associates across all locations this year, adding 176 food positions as it expands its brand and food program in the Des Moines, Iowa market.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a CSP member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.