TEMPLE, Texas — McLane Co. Inc. launched a new back-office management tool for convenience-store retailers during the 2019 McLane National Trade Show.
McLane has completed interfaces that communicate with three commonly used point-of-sale (POS) hardware providers in the United States: NCR POS, Gilbarco Passport and Verifone Ruby2. McLane’s approach uses the NACS XML industry standard language to share data among each POS hardware platform.
Features of the new back-office system include:
- Centralized price book management, including perpetual inventory.
- Ability to set up and manage distributors, stores, groups, retail and costs.
- Fuel setup and management.
- Item mix-match, combos, promotions, bundling and happy hour specials.
- Age verification and category management.
- Back-office data can now be established with retailers directly from McLane—this data is often difficult to obtain from third party back-of-house companies.
- Ability to reduce back-office costs, allowing more money to be spent elsewhere.
- A monthly lease for this system eliminates the need for hardware upgrades.
“McLane leads the industry by providing unmatched customer technology offerings to c-stores,” said Dean Johnson, vice president of applications for McLane. “We can support retailers with end-to-end technology solutions with the new integrated back-of-house solution.”
Johnson unveiled the new back-office management system at NTS in the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio during the conference, which was held Aug. 21-22.
Temple, Texas-based McLane is one of the largest supply-chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply-chain solutions for c-stores, mass merchants, drugstores and chain restaurants. It buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 products to nearly 110,000 locations in the United States.