AHOSKIEA, N.C. -- Jernigan Oil has launched Duck Thru Rewards, a loyalty program for Jernigan’s 52 convenience food stores, which rewards customers for gas purchases and provides discounts for everyday staples. The chain is partnering with Outsite Networks to launch the program.
“With competition stronger than ever, declining tobacco sales and the ability to reach our customers with the click of a few buttons, a loyalty program was a must-have for Duck Thru,” said Miles Harrell, vice president of operations for Jernigan Oil. “After an extensive search for a loyalty company that could do everything that we felt would give customers easy access to becoming a Duck Thru Rewards cardholder or member, teaming up with Outsite Networks was an easy decision. The team at Outsite has made the introduction of Duck Thru Rewards seamless.”
The program includes the following consumer-facing features:
- Members receive 25 cents off per gallon on their first fill-up after registering for the program and earn 10 points per gallon and 20 points per dollar on in-store purchases.
- Members are eligible for special pricing on everyday items such as coffee, fountain and tea beverages, pizza, energy drinks, tobacco and fuel purchases.
- Members can unlock rewards by downloading the Duck Thru mobile app to redeem points on fuel and in-store items for store merchandise, fuel rollbacks and charity donations.
- Members are automatically enrolled in clubs that allow them to earn the seventh item for free after purchasing six. These categories include coffee, fountain and tea beverages, 20-ounce Pepsi products, Red Bull, Monster, Jack Links and M&Ms.
- Members of the Duck Thru Rewards program can use their rewards card, phone number or mobile identification number during transactions to receive member benefits.
In the back office, the Jernigan team will be able to use Outsite’s dashboards to review member spend and trip frequency, behavior indicators such as membership activity, and other analytical data. This information can be accessed through a desktop computer, mobile device or on Jernigan’s office television system. The team can use this data to review program performance.
“The ability to influence member behavior is really the purpose of launching a loyalty program and to do that you need organizational execution plus a robust engagement strategy,” said Melissa West, vice president of loyalty marketing for Outsite Networks. “Jernigan’s commitment to building a loyalty culture from day one combined with Outsite Networks’ C-Store Analytics and Engagement platform has enabled them to capitalize on the opportunity to build baskets and increase visits in their market in a very short period of time.”
Norfolk, Va.-based Outsite Networks is a c-store loyalty provider with millions of members, a database of billions of transactions and hundreds of convenience retail operations as loyalty partners.
Jernigan Oil is a full service petroleum products distributor based in Ahoskie, N.C. The company offers Shell and Duck Thru fuels and LP gas to homes, farms and businesses. It is the parent company of Duck Thru Food Stores, with more than 50 locations in southern Virginia and northeastern North Carolina.