VALPARAISO, Ind. — Family Express has gone live with its custom loyalty app with the help of Paytronix. The new app incorporates native online ordering for customers through Olo, management of internal store information with Yext and integration of key features such as a customer feedback portal through Zendesk.
- Family Express is No. 99 in CSP's 2018 Top 202 ranking of c-store chains by number of company-owned retail outlets.
“We sought to create a frictionless experience consistent with emerging customer expectations,” said Gus Olympidis, president and CEO of Family Express Corp. “We did it by bringing together a constellation of best-in-class technology providers aiming to create a powerful ecosystem with total connectivity. Paytronix led the way, and we are now able to fuse a variety of third-party platforms to best meet our customers’ evolving needs and keep pace with trends in the marketplace.”
The Family Express app includes the following features:
- Native App Ordering: Olo online ordering enables customers to order its hot foodservice offering, Cravin’s To Order, directly from the app, providing guests with an intuitive ordering flow.
- Customization: Family Express was able to customize the look and feel of its custom app to match its brand.
- Store Content Management: With Yext, Family Express can manage store information, including locations, hours and amenities—all via an integration to the custom app.
- Customer Engagement: Family Express can tailor rewards and discounts based on customer behavior and preference, while also providing a place for customers to view their rewards. Additionally, via an integration with Zendesk, customers can submit comments, enabling immediate, actionable guest feedback—all functions that had previously been scattered across different online locations.
“We’re very pleased to help Family Express become the first convenience store to offer online ordering through its app,” said Andrew Robbins, president of Paytronix Systems Inc. “And we continue to remain focused on delivering an exceedingly personalized experience for Family Express customers.”
Based in Newton, Mass., Paytronix provides software-as-a-service (SaaS) customer experience management solutions for c-stores and restaurants. Paytronix works with more than 330 customers to build big data consumer insights that it generates from one-to-one engagement with its more than 165 million loyalty members across its customers’ brands.
Valparaiso, Ind.-based Family Express was founded in 1975. It operates c-stores in northern and central Indiana.